vi. Cat vs. Rat

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

chapter six | cat vs. rat

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Maddie was very confused.

The Boggart that had been taunting Allison had rolled over and landed at her feet, to which she did feel a little bit of excitement for because she was intrigued to know what she feared the most - considering even she didn't have a clue herself.

Yet, the Boggart seemed to pause for a second, unsure of what to do. Until it made a quick crack and shifted into something that made many faces frown.

Because what Maddie apparently feared wasn't a banshee, or a spider - it was two photo frames.

"...What?" said through a gentle whisper (which caught many off guard - they weren't even sure if they've ever heard her talk quietly before, let alone whisper).

The picture inside the photo frame was indeed a copy of one of her own possessions, one being a family photo from home, and the other a photo with her two friends from the end of last year.

Except from the fact that, where she was supposed to be in both of the pictures, she'd vanished.

The family photo had been taken on a previous holiday, and there was a gap from where Maddie should be standing next to her big brother, like in the original photo. The picture with Jess and Jake, she was in the middle of, but in the Boggart's version, she was nowhere to be seen.

Maddie was very, very confused. Jess and Jake exchanged frowns, and a soft murmur broke out, as the brunette raised her wand.

"Riddikulus!"

Lupin was watching her curiously, as she turned back to her friends. She didn't like how awkward the class was, because of her Boggart. She didn't understand what it meant, and seemingly, not many of the others did either. She felt embarrassed.

"Well, mine was boring!" she said loudly, with a forced laugh. Jess gave her half a smile, as she and Jake daydreamed with wonder, trying to find the reasoning for Maddie's Boggart.

Maddie wished someone else would go. She glanced back at the rest of the class, making eye contact with the red-headed boy opposite her, who had glanced her way with a puzzled expression. The Boggart advanced on Harry Potter.

Hopefully his'll bring the attention off hers.

But it didn't. Because Professor Lupin rushed in front of him, shouting,

"Here!"

There was a Crack - and before them, a silvery white orb floated in mid-air.

"Riddikulus!" Lupin said, almost lazily. "Forward, Neville! Finish him off!"