Life Changing Obession

Preview

"That will be $30.00," the cab driver announced as I opened my door to get out.  I handed him the money and thanked him. When he pulled off down the road, I started walking up to my house. All the lights where out so my mom must be on another date.  "It feels so good to be at home," I said to myself. I put down my bag, and took off my coat and shoes off. As I began to walk to my bedroom I hear a ticking noise. "Hello? Mom? Are you home?" I yelled to the noise. No reply. I then realized that the noise is coming from the kitchen so I walk into there. "I have been waiting for you," Carlos greeted me with a mischievous smile, his voice gentle. I stop dead in my tracks and eye the knife in his hand. "Now don't be scared of the knife I will be gentle," said Carlos. He gets up and tauntingly walks towards me. I turn and ran up the stairs in attempt to get away from him. But he's too fast, he chases behind me and grabbed hold of my arm. "Why are you running from me?" said Carlos innocently. He then begins pulling me into my bedroom. "No!" I fight back, but wasn't successful. He opens my door, grabs my computer chair, and forcefully sits me onto it. "Now I'm going to tie you up," he announced to me as he pulled a rope out of an unknown bag that was beside my door. I fight with all my might, but he's too strong for me and was able to tie me up in my chair. He takes the sit across from me. I couldn't fight back the tears that were burning my eyes, trying to escape to the surface. "What do you want?" I asked in my cries. Why is he doing this to me? "You know what I want Katie," Carlos said bluntly. He gets up and rubs the knife against I throat, teasing me. "Please let me go..." I begged through my cries .He takes the knife and scraped it along my throat.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I cried in complete fear. "Wake up! Wake up! Katie wake up!" my mother's voice was urgent. My mother, Michelle, shakes me until I eyes popped wide open and I shot straight into sitting position. I breathed heavy and cautiously looked around my room for any signs of Carlos. None. It was just a dream...a horrible dream.