I woke up terrified, breathing heavily. I was feeling cold, yet my body gave out so much heat. This was the worst nightmare I ever had. I didn't know why the black woman was haunting me so much! But this nightmare was also a boon in disguise..

Two hours were still left for the sun to set and the city was still bathing the rays of the sun. Mornings and afternoons didn't haunt me much. Going to the construction site was the ideal solution for me...I parked my car in the lane opposite to the barren land and walked the rest of distance. After covering some decent distance, I finally saw what I was looking for. Shailza was standing there, in the middle of field. She was alone and she faced her back to me. Without a second thought I ran into her and embraced her as tightly as possible. She too was startled so much..

"Shailza, Are you ok?" I repeated again and again as I took my time to calm my heart down. Her embrace was the perfect way of doing so.

"Amaan, calm down. I am okay.." She caressed my hair lightly assuring me her safety. After a second or two I released her from my grip. And then, rage was boiling within me. How could she be so irresponsible? 

"Are you mad? man to kar raha hai, ek thappad maaru tumko! Pagal ho gayi ho? Aise hi gayab ho jaugi? I knew it, you were the creepiest woman I have ever met!Jaha zaroorat nah hai, waha aa jati ho aur  jaha zaroorat hai mujhe teri, waha se gayab ho jati hai?!" I yelled at her in one breath..

"Accha...Okay.Okay. I am really sorry..I will never do it again." She held her ears in a sorry position and made her puppy face. And obviously I couldn't help but to show a smile.I hugged her again protectively.

"Now spill.." I narrowed my eyes towards her..She looked confused.

"What?"

"No one named Shailza Mathur lives in the Pg, works in the museum and the archaeological department or taught in the college..I thought for a second that you were a fragment of my imagination! You scared the shit out of me Shailza!"

Her eyes lingered on me for a second before she let out a deep sigh. " Okay no point in hiding stuffs. You are the first person in my life who have shown this amount of care and worry for me. You owe this. But I also fear, that you might run away after hearing this.." She said.

"Oh yeah? Try me." 

"Okay..My name is Shailza. I didn't lie to you regarding this. But I hold a different identity in front of the world. For the world, my name is Avantika Mathur. I used to work at the archaeological department, years ago. But then I left."

"Why would you do that? Why would steal you sister's identity? She may be having so much difficulty!"

"No she doesn't.  Me and My sister were born in Rajasthan. We used to live there. My parents were the strictest and the most orthodox people you can ever know. Zamindars of Rajasthan, can kill or punish anyone if they wish to. We were not even allowed to read or study.." Shailza chuckled and her flashed with tears.. "Women are incompetent..sirf chula chakkha karne ke liye hi na paida hote woh! Mard se age niklenge to taange tod denge inki..But in this pack of nonsensical wolf, there was a lion as well. Jai was our childhood friend, both mine and my sister's. He used to give us private tution.Whatever education I had gained, it was all Non Formal education. In fact he was the one who fixed our tutors, so that we could gain degrees. Everyday, we both used to excuse ourselves with any reason and go and study. But it didn't go well.." Shailza lamented.

"Why? What happened?" 

"Our parents got to know..They were furious! How can girls get educated?! There was a ruckus all around..And Zamindar Hukum Singh Mathur, unfortunately my father, got Jai killed. As he was the one who educated us." 

"My god! How can anyone kill a good person!?" I was shouted in anger and frustration..

"AND HOW CAN ANY FATHER KILL HIS OWN DAUGHTER?!" Shailza screamed back! Tears running down her face. Her eyes red..I frowned, unable to understand her reference.."That night, when Hukum Singh Mathur killed Jai, he locked us up as well. We were starved for two days and two nights. Not even a drop of water was given. After two days, everthing seemed so silent. Though we grieved Jai, we thought everything was over. And then, baba called Avu. She was taken to some other room. We didn't know that man's intentions at all..Avu thought baba forgave her. But the next thing I knew was the room next to mine, was burning. Baba took her to the next room and burnt her alive..She screamed, she begged, she cried...But that animal! Laughed! HE laughed! while he saw her daughter burning to death! I somehow escaped the Villa, and with whatever ornaments and money I had, I came to Kolkata..There are no two sisters anymore..I am the only one living.." 

I didn't believe her."Hai! You are bluffing! I saw Avantika the other day! She was standing right in front of me! You are making this up.."I said half shakily.

"That's what surprised me..Only I can see Avu after her death. Only I can talk to her.When you first saw Avantika, I knew that you were different as well..Avantika was able to connect to you, and so you could see her. And normally spirits can't do that.."

"So you mean....The woman I saw the other day...was a GHOST?!"

Shailza nodded slyly..The world went spinning for me. And my heart bet fast.

"And you are not joking?" I asked her again.

"You think I will joke about the death of my own sister? I live here as Avantika Mathur just to avoid any consequence with my family again. What if they find me? What if they kill me too? I am always scared. And so I have a different identity here." 

"So does that mean you can connect to the other world?" I asked.

"Yes, I can perform Seance naturally. I can connect to them..And so..and so do you." She looked at me with tense eyes." Normal people can not communicate with the outer world. Souls and spirits are attracted to those who have gone through tremendous trauma in their lives, or are going through. After death spirits finds a mean to share their pain, sorrow and everything they faced in their lives. They don't disturb human lives but they do attempt to connect to them. If its a two way understanding only then spirits communicate. So that means, you too long to share your pain and trauma with someone but you are alone..Like me." 

I lamented sadly, before looking into her eyes again. Her eyes, ensured her complete faith on me..And after what I heard from that girl, it was high time for me to open up about my life. To her, and to me..To face my fears..