Chapter Forty. 🟢

Start from the beginning

"What if the Kingdoms rise against us? Think about it Artemis you have Lockey's Princess serving as your maid!"

"She committed treason in our own court!"

"There's a better way." he stated and poured more wine.

He downed that one too.

"Why have you come?" Queen Artemis asked.

He must have been really trouble, for he rarely confronted her this way.

"Artemis, we are dancing to the tune Grathos plays for us. They almost had our son brainwashed. He could have used him against us like he did with me." He paused but continued quickly.

"The Prefect of Sars sent a report which you would have known if you were not too occupied with this plan of yours. If the Bandits get to control the Sars our armies would starve! What have you been doing, Artemis? What have I been chasing? I came to know just that. I do not know what to do nor where to start and our daughter is trying too much. And Grathos you can catch anytime, why did you ask me to find him? He is out there because you want him to. This is either a game for you or you are not as powerful as you used to be!"

King Icarus stopped there as he heard her inhale sharply. He knew he had struck a nerve.

"Is that all?" the Queen questioned calmly not long after.

"Artemis?" King Icarus questioned as he fought through the sharp pain in his chest.

He just explained to her some major problems of the kingdom, and that was all she had to say. She smiled and came closer to him. All his instincts screamed at him to step back, but he just could not move.

Queen Artemis strolled towards him and for the first time since he met her in those fields he felt terrified of her. She caressed his face, giving him a light kiss on the lips. He looked away.

"Icarus, look at me." she whispered.

Her voice sent a shiver through him but against his will he looked at her. What was happening?

"Good, do not worry my King, I will make everything alright. I will seek guidance and everything will be fine." 

He knew she was lying, but no matter how much he tried to convince himself the more he believed her. He saw her eyes had changed colour, a bright shade of violet, why had he not seen that? The king was out of breath and even in the spacious hall he felt trapped. He found strength and shook himself back, leaving her immediately. Rushing outside, he gasped for breath, leaving a stunned Artemis in the hall.

He turned the sunny sky and looking away only when he saw colours. The shift in the colours where much like Artemis change.  What was that?

King Icarus was in a tight spot. He wanted to make the right move after ignoring the problem for so long. Who could help save his Kingdom? His Fathers before him never brought destruction on the Kingdom. Why did it feel as though his reign would be the end of Bolivia?

Frustrated beyond measure, King Icarus looked ahead of him in deep thought. Maybe he would call for the elders in his council. The Queen had gotten rid of the advisors and assumed the role.

The elders may not be eager to assist him for his previous mistreatment, but luckily he had kept Lord Bathias in court.  He decided immediately, turning towards his carriage.

Not too far from him, there was a girl in the garden. At least he hoped he was seeing right. She sat among the plants; her face buried in a book. That was odd for a girl.  He stopped his movement, noticing something familiar about her.