Part 22 - Homecoming III

Start from the beginning

But the vague thudding sound that grew in the back of his head began to clear the haze of desire, annoying him.

"Wait," she pushed him away. "I think someone is at the door."

"Don't tell me it's your Oppa trying to barge in again," he said, rolling his eyes.

He sat up kneeling next to her and reached for his t-shirt. She hurried to throw on a robe over her negligee and jumped off the bed. Shaking his head, he followed her out.

Outside, she ran to the viewing dash and pressed a button. Sighting the glee that came over her features, he knew it wasn't her Oppa after all. "You are never going to guess who it is," she said, squealing with delight.

His brows scrunched, pondering who could she be pleased to see at her doorstep, at such witching hours,

Turning the corner, she rushed to the door. Right as she unlocked the knob, the door flung open and Gu Seung Jun rushed inside. "What the f&*( were you thinking?"

The man was livid, but with his hands placed firmly on either side of his waist and his head tipped to one side, he appeared vulnerable than angry. Breathless, his friend dashed towards him. He raised his hand in an attempt to explain himself, but before he could utter a word, a solid fist hit him square in the nose.

Despite the shooting pain and the hot drip of blood trickling fast from his nose, he found himself smiling to embrace the first open avowal between them that they were more than friends.

They were brothers.

*****

Upon seeing Jeong Hyuk lose his footing, she gasped and ran towards the duo. 

"Are you mad that I didn't get on the plane as planned?" he asked holding his nose. 

Gu Seung jun held his head with one hand, while he tried to shake off the throbbing hurt he must have felt in his knuckles.

"And you..." Gu Seung Jun spun to face her. "The next time you don't answer my calls..."

Ignoring his complaint, she spotted the tissue box next to him and grabbed a couple of wipes to dab at her husband's nose bleed. He nodded to let her know he was ok and darted his gaze to his still agonizing friend, scoffing and puffing at random. She took a deep breath and turned to Gu Seung Jun.

"What were you thinking, shutting off your phone?"

Hoping to calm him down, she rubbed the side of Gu Seung Jun's arm, but the man was unrelenting. "I hope you weren't bawling your eyes out alone."

Hiding behind the chiding, she saw the helplessness of the man in front of her. Unawares the tears began, reminding the hopelessness that had prevailed over everyone that morning.

"Gwenchana?" Gu Seung Jun's voice shook with concern and her silent sobs grew louder.

Gu Seung Jun stepped forward to take her into his arms. However, Jeong Hyuk thrust his palm against his friend's chest, holding Gu Seung Jun back.

Through the film of tears, she saw Jeong Hyuk tip his head towards the bedroom.

"Want me to punch you again?" Gu Seung Jun's fury was beyond comforting.

"Go ahead if that'll make you feel better," Jeong Hyuk said with a deep sigh. "I'm asking you to give it a few minutes is all."

Gu Seung Jun groaned. "I need a drink."

With them heading off in the direction of the mini-bar, her feet shuffled towards the bedroom.

"Want to tell me what you are doing here?" She heard Jeong Hyuk prompt Gu Seung Jun, even as the clink of glass and ice reached her.