Not So Alone

(I don't remember if I mention this before but.....

[| AloneTravler - Bold 

SELOZAR - Italics |] 

Little bit of background:  I changing ages...there now both 16.  

SELOZAR's POV 

2 months, 1 week, and 5 days.   That is how long I have been walking for.   I ran away from home.  No. Home isn't the right word, it sounds to...cozy.  It was more like a living space.  It was in a house with a small amount of cheap, wood furniture.   I used to live there with my mom, who was never really home.  She was going off and getting drunk to sell herself to some random men.   She never brought them here though.  She tried so hard to get a regular job, she applied to so many places.  I knew she had the best intentions, but I couldn't take it any more.  I was always so alone, so lonely and sad.  I looked down at my feet when I started to think about my story.  I tripped over a surfaced root and fell face first into the dirt despite looking at the ground this whole time.  I start to pick myself up until I realized how drained I was.  I haven't eaten a lot since I left, or slept regularly.  I was barely able to get myself back on my feet.  I brushed off some of the dirt that was sticking to my face and my clothes.  I looked up at the sky.  It was getting dark, I might as well sleep.  I found a nice spot on the side of the trail I was traveling and laid down in the soft grass.  I let out a yawn before falling asleep.  

I woke to some shaking my shoulder.  I sat up blinking and rubbing my eyes.  "H-Huh?" I heard a male voice sigh.  "Jesus Christ..why are you asleep on the side of the road?" My vision clear to see a boy about my age crouching down next to me.  He was wearing some dark blue jeans and a black hoodie was a sort of criss-cross pattern on it.  "Oh! I-I...." I looked up at his eyes, he raised an eyebrow.  "Well?"  "Oh! I..kinda ran away."  Two seconds passed before he said anything.  "Oh.  Cool.  Anyway, you want some thing to eat?" "Sure" He gestures to follow him so I get up and walk towards him.  "My name is Selozar...you?" "AloneTraveler." I nod my head slowly.  

After a couple minutes of walking and small conversations, he brings me on a thin trail into the woods.  We arrive and a small campsite that was roughly set up.  There was one tent and a small campfire ring alone with a  pile of sticks.  "I camp out here..I left home too.Uh, not to be  nosy but..why did you leave?"   The boy sighed.  "Why did you?" I didn't answer and he nodded his head.  "Exactly."  He enters the tent and comes bag with a small bag and an apple in hand.  he tosses me the apple and pulls out a slice of bread for himself.  We ate in a comfortable silence  which was broken by a question I have been avoiding for so long, "Where you heading?" I bit my bottom lip.  "To be completely honest..I don't know.  I'm just wandering."   "Come with me." "Hmm?"

"Come with me.

"You mean like..travel with you?"

"Duh"

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"I just met you."

"I just fed you.

"I don't know you."

"Then you'll have plenty of time to know me."

"Where are you heading?"

"Away."

"Away from what? Your home?"

"Away from everything.  Away from home, away from people, away from stress.  You and me.

"I-I guess..that does sound like fun."

I saw him smile, just a little tug on the corner of his mouth.  I soon followed.  I didn't want to be Alone anymore.  Not Alonetraveler won't have to be.  I guess he isn't living up to his name.  I giggle a little.  "What's so funny over there Selo?"  "Uh..noth-..did you just call me Selo?" He breaks eye contact for a hot second.  "Do you want me to stop?"  "N-No! I..just never had a nickname."  "Well..you can call me Alone.  No one bothers with my full name."  "Oh! I was just thinking about that.   You're no longer an AloneTraveler  Alone. "  He laughs a little.  "I guess you're right.

After packing up his small camp we head deeper into the forest, following no trail and only hoping for the best.   At one point we came across a small cliff.  The drop wasn't high enough to kills us, but high enough to break a few bones if we fell.  We decided to camp out here for the night and look around for any ways down.  I was walking back and forth on the edge of the cliff looking when I tripped over a small rock.  I felt a hand grab my wrist as my face was over the edge.  Alone pulled me back towards him so close I could hear him breathing.  "You okay?"  "Uh..yea.  I'm fine."  I felt him slowly release the grip on my hand.  My face heated up, red as a cherry.    Neither of us moved for a minute until Alone backed up.  "Let's head to bed, it's getting dark."   I nod my head