01. welcome to the world

Start from the beginning

-

Elijah sped to Audubon Park and a member of the Guard ran up to him. "This way."

The original and the guard member walked up to two trees that had vines attaching them, the front entrance of Audubon.

"Revelar." The guard member whispered and Elijah walked into the Audubon society. He thanked the guard member quickly before speeding off to the hospital, where a guard quickly led him to Brynley's hospital room.

"I now know why my mom only had one child." Brynley groaned in the Hollis house, now on a hospital gown, and Elleri gave her a smile.

"Do you need anything? Another pillow? Water?" Elleri offered.

"I need Elijah! Where the hell is he?" Brynley shouted as tears brimmed her eyes and she groaned in pain from a contraction.

"I'm right here, my love," Elijah rushed into the room and stood next to the bed, slipping his hand into Brynley's. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit." Brynley replied and Elijah kissed her forehead.

Two doctors walked into the room and Brynley closed her eyes as they checked again. "Five centimeters."

"Oh my god." Brynley mumbled.

-

It's been nine hours and it was now September 20th, 5:00 in the morning. Brynley let out a groan in pain and squeezed Elijah's hand, trying to get through it.

"You're doing so good." Elijah whispered and Brynley looked up at him. A doctor walked in and did the same as she has multiple times before, looking at the couple and smiling.

"Ten centimeters, it's time. Are you ready, Ms. Fletcher?" A doctor smiled politely at the fairy and Brynley nodded, attempting to smile. The doctor set up a curtain, not letting Brynley and Elijah see past her waist.

"Alright Ms. Fletcher, I'm going to need you to begin to push on the count of three." The other doctor spoke up and Brynley nodded.

"You got this." Elijah whispered to her and Brynley squeezed his hand, trying to get past a contraction. "Good, keep squeezing my hand. I'm so proud of you, sweetheart."

"One, two, three."

Brynley pushed as hard as she could while screaming in pain. She squeezed Elijah's hand tightly and tears ran down her face.

She closed her eyes shut and took deep breaths, trying to calm down. Brynley wiped some tears from her face as she tried to process the pain. What she was experiencing right now was far worst from the pain she experienced when her wings were pushed from her body.

"Oh my god, oh my god." Brynley whispered and let out another groan.

"Give me another push on the count of three," The doctor spoke again and Brynley nodded. "One, two, three."

Elijah closed his eyes when Brynley screamed, his heart hurting at the sound of her in pain.

"Elijah," Brynley mumbled and the original opened his eyes. "I- I can't. I can't do it."

"Hey, look at me," Elijah whispered and Brynley looked up at him, his brown eyes staring into her blue ones. "You can do this. You are so incredibly strong, Brynley."

Brynley shook her head as she whimpered slightly and let out a sob. "It hurts."

"I know, I know, darling, but you can do it," Elijah smiled at her encouragingly. "I believe in you."

"Another push on the count of three." The doctor said yet again. "One, two, three."

"You can do it, you can do it." Elijah whispered into Brynley's ear as she pushed once again. Brynley let out another before the room was filled with sound of a baby's cries.

Brynley let out a happy sob as she laid her eyes on her and Elijah's child. The parents only saw their child for a second before the doctor went to clean her. Shortly after, the doctor walked back into the room holding the baby wrapped in a pink blanket.

"Congratulations, you have a beautiful, baby girl." The doctor announced and Elijah and Brynley smiled.

"Can I hold her?" Brynley asked.

"Of course." The doctor nodded and handed the baby girl to Brynley.

Brynley let out a shaky breath as she looked down at her daughter.

"She's perfect." Brynley whispered and a tear run down her cheek.

"She takes after you." Elijah mumbled and kissed Brynley's cheek. The fairy handed the baby girl to her father.

"Hello princess, welcome to the world." Elijah whispered and smiled down at his daughter. Children, family, a child of his own, the one thing he thought he could never have, he was currently holding in his arms. The impossible that became possible, a literal miracle. "God, she is perfect."

"We did that." Brynley smiled and kissed her baby's forehead. "I love you, sweetheart."

Brynley looked up at Elijah, who couldn't take his eyes off their daughter, before she whispered: "I love you."

"I love you too." Elijah said and looked down at their daughter again. "And I love you."

The two soulmates continued to admire their perfect daughter and then the littlest Mikaelson opened her eyes. Brynley let out a laugh when she saw the girl's stunning blue eyes.

"Yes! She got your eyes!" Elijah cheered and Brynley laughed. "What are we going to name her?"

"I have no idea," Bryn shrugged. "She has your nose."

"She does, doesn't she?" Elijah whispered. "My god, look at those blue eyes."

"Those are pure Hollis." Brynley giggled. "Evangeline. It has 'Evan' in it for my dad, but 'Evangeline is after my grandma, she had amazing blue eyes too and the kindest heart."

"I love it." Elijah agreed. "Evangeline Amelia Mikaelson."

"Mikaelson-Fletcher." Brynley corrected. "Perfect, like her."

a/n: everyone welcome little evie amelia <333 also ive had writers block for the past couple weeks so im behind on chapters

also ive had writers block for the past couple weeks so im behind on chapters...so im gonna take a two week break from publishing, ill start posting again on september 14th. i just need to catch up on writing and then my school is starting again so i need to focus, thanks for understanding <3