17 ~ Lonely

Title Credit: idk man I've heard the song in movies

~

January 30th, 9:34 pm - Missed call from Alex
January 30th, 9:37pm - 2 unread messages from Alex
February 2nd, 4am - outgoing call to Alex, no answer

"You've reached Alex Gaskarth, I can't make it to the phone right now. Leave a message at the beep."

"Hey babe, I made it to LA safe. I know it's early, but I don't have much time because of the music video being shot today. The past few days  have been insane, our manager Dean has been booking us photo shoots and interviews left and right. It's gonna be hard for awhile for us to talk but after we add those two tracks to the record and re-release it on Rise officially it should calm down. Love you. "

~

It didn't calm down. It sped the hell up. Everything was going way to fast for me to comprehend, all of the sudden I surged to 150k followers, my YouTube hit 550k, everyone in the band was above 60k on all media, we were supposed to be in AP next month and Dean is talking to Kerrang, I've quit my job at the music shop, we're scheduled to be on warped tour...

I barely noticed it's been a week and a half since I left the voicemail on Alex's phone.

~

@MaddieBTK: glad to be with my boys @crowntheempire again! Feeling good about the Satalites tour!

~

Alex's POV:

It's great being home. I got to see my mom and dad. I've been relaxing. I needed this. It's great.

Who am I kidding?

It's terrible. I miss Maddie. I want to be happy for her but... I was gonna fly her out here, take her to dinner, be with her. We've been growing apart. I hate this.

"Jack?" I called, entering his home. I banged on the wall, entering the kitchen and grabbing a beer. I've been drinking a lot lately.

"Hey, dude," Jack ducked his head into the kitchen, pressing his phone to his shoulder and speaking quietly. "I'm on the phone with Jess, I don't know when we'll be done, help yourself to anything."

I rolled my eyes and set my beer down, stuffing my hands in my pockets and leaving.

Rian was with Cass, Zack was with his girlfriend. Vinny is on another Glamour Kills tour. All my friends were busy busy busy. I'm all alone.

"Here's a song for you lonely people out there, all on your own on this Sunday morning." The radio guy said. The song started and I groaned.

"Lonely,
I'm so lonely,
I have no body,
to call my own..."

I pulled over to the side of the road and hit my head against the wheel. Then I checked the tour dates for the tour Maddie's on. Last date is in four weeks. A smile creeped onto my lips.

~

Regular POV:

"HEY GUYS MY NAME IS MADDIEPLAYSTHINGS! IM ON STAGE RIGHT NOW SAY HI!" I turned the camera around and waited for the crowd to stop cheering. "We're officially ten shows into the tour and it's INSANE! best show of the tour so far, thank you everyone for coming out you don't know how much this means to us. I'm gonna give the camera to my friend Danny down there... this is our last song, sing along if you know it!"

~

"Great show tonight, guys!" Dean smiled.

"Hey Dean! Since when do you fly out to see us?" Jordan smirked.

"I always fly out to see my favorite clients."

"Are we not friends yet?" I giggled, giving him a hug.

"I guess we can be. But still, there's always business to be done. Because if the success of the album, Rise wants to... PERMANENTLY, move you LA."

We gaped and looked at each other eventually smiling. "Dean?" Ronnie asked quietly. "Have we... made it?"

He nodded.

This justified tonight's celebration. I don't even remember most of it.

~

A/n: I'm trying really hard lmao

5 comments 10 votes for the next chapter