Chapter 1: Illfang the Kobold Lord, Beater

Start from the beginning

*timeskip*

We see Dark Ninja training more in the dungeon.

Y/N: You do know that we are level 18 right?

Dark Ninja: Yes but I don't know what a safe level is so I'm getting to level 20. They might've switched things up from the beta.

Y/N: Keep going then.

*timeskip*

Kirito: Let's go over it again.

Dark Ninja:We leftovers are to target the boss's helpers, the Ruin Kobold Sentinels.

Asuna: I know.

Kirito: I'll use a sword skill to knock their pole axes up. The second I do, switch in, then you use a sword skill to do the same thing to another and he'll switch in.

Asuna: Switch in?

Kirito: Is this the first time you've ever been in a party?

Asuna: Yes.

Dark Ninja: Beta testers used it to give other members time to rest and regain their energy. Some of the party stays in the back lines and once someone parries an attack then we switch in and attack while they're stunned.

*timeskip*

Diavel: Listen up everyone I only have one thing to say, let's win!

Opens up door to boss room. A wild Illfang the Kobold Lord appears. With his 3 sentinel helpers.

Diavel: Commence Attack! Squad A, Squad C switch! Here it comes Squad B, block! Squad C, keep guarding and prepare to switch. Now! Switch, draw, and prepare to attack from the side. Squads D,E, and F, keep the sentinels off us!

As Dark Ninja cuts down a Kobold the boss changes phaze. Diavel rushes in but miscounts for it using a nodachi instead of a Talwar.

Dark Ninja: Diavel, jump back! The info was wrong!

Diavel doesn't process the command in time and gets hit and Dark Ninja rushes over to him and pulls out a potion.

Dark Ninja: Diabel, drink this.

Diavel: You were a beta tester too, weren't you?

Dark Ninja: Yes, now drink the potion or I'll shove it down your throat.

Diavel: Save it for someone else I-

Diavel is cut off by Dark Ninja forcing him to drink the potion.

Dark Ninja: Someone get Diavel outta here! Kirito, Asuna, parry it's next strike!

Dark Ninja moves behind Kirito and Asuna and Illfang goes for a sideways sweep but Asuna and Kirito parry it and Dark Ninja jumps and runs along Illfang's arm and once he reaches the head he uses a sword skill and decapitates it.

—Congratulations! You got the "Decapitation" and "Last Hit" Bonuses!—

—Dragovian Sword—

—Dragovian Shield—

—Dragovian Helmet—

—Dragovian Armor—

—Dragovian Gauntlets—

—Dragovian Greaves—

Dark Ninja equips his new gear as everyone talks to him.

Asuna: Good work!

Agil: That was splendid swordsmanship. Congradulations. This victory belongs to you.

Dark Ninja: No, it belongs to us all.

Kabou: Why, Why did you let Diavel almost die?

Dark Ninja: It wasn't intentional, I had to shove the potion down his throat.

Kabou: You knew that technique the boss used! If you'd told us about that up front, he wouldn't have almost died!

Random: He must be a beta tester *pointing at Dark Ninja* That's how he knew all the boss's attack patterns. He knew but he didn't tell us. Other beta testers are here, too, right? Come out!

Kirito: This is bad..at this rate..

Agil: Hey come on...

Dark Ninja: *slowly begins to laugh until his laughter becomes psychotic*

Dark Ninja: A beta tester? I wish you wouldn't compare me to those newbies

Dark Ninja: A beta tester? I wish you wouldn't compare me to those newbies. Most of the thousand beta testers were beginners who didn't even know how to level up. You guys are better than they are. But I'm not like them. I made it higher than anyone else during the beta test. The reason I knew the boss's skils is because I fought monsters with katana skills on floors far above us. I know alot more. Way more than any information broker. I know where all the hidden bosses are on all floors up until floor 16.

Kabou: W-What. That's way worse than a beta tester! You're cheating. You're a cheater! You're a beta tester and a cheater, you're a beater!

Dark Ninja: Beater? Huh I like that, alright from now on, don't confuse me with those beta testers.

Random: Even so, you're not better than us!

Dark Ninja: *now full equipped in his armor* My sweet ass armor, sword, and shield beg to differ.

Random: Dammit, he's got us there.

Dark Ninja walks to the door but is stopped by Asuna.

Asuna: Wait. You called my name while we were fighting.

Dark Ninja: Sorry did I mess up the pronounciation?

Asuna: Where did you learn it?

Dark Ninja: You can see another HP gauge below yours, around here, right? Isn't something written next to it?

Asuna: Dark Ninja, is that your name?

Dark Ninja: Yeah, just call me Dark though, it's easier. You'll be strong, if someone you trust ever invites you to join a guild, don't turn them down. There's a big limit to what you can do as a solo player.

Asuna: Then, what about you?

Dark Ninja disbands the party and walks off without saying another word.