My gaze returned to Cole and I shivered when I found his gaze zeroed on mine. His dark eyes were calculating and his lip was set in a grim line. He took a step forward and I instinctively took a step back. It was a reflex action since he look like he was going to kill me. I'm not a fool to die a virgin. Not in this room. Not in this nightdress which is obviously too big for me. Not in the hands of the man I love.

His brows knitted but he took another step closer. 

I struggled hard to keep standing on my place and to not look so intimidated by his domineering gaze. Can I still trust this guy? This guy who has betrayed my brother? A cold breeze blew into the room and I hugged myself for comfort. Fixing the loose strap on my shoulder, I accidentaly touched the sticky semen in my arm. It was that thing that jetted out of Cole when he came a few moments ago. 

"SHIT!" He cursed, his face draining of color. I was surprised by that expression. He seems afraid of something...His eyes at that time was then filled with immeasurable terror. A response for what he had done to me...

He was suddenly saying things I could not comprehend. The lost of innocence. The fact that he would forever be damned and that he would never forgive himself.

Then he started talking about Ryan, his bestfriend and his betrayal. When his eyes found mine  I felt a nervous feeling slowly taking over my heart. I was not only afraid for myself but also for him.

"Addie..." His voice was tortured, he lifted a hand to reach for me but I did nothing. And then without a word, he grabbed me. His grip was so strong I couldn't escape his hold. 

"Wait! What are you doing!?" I let out a pained whimper when he dragged me inside the small bathroom. I had no idea what he's up to but the panic in his eyes made me keep my mouth shut.

He flicked the switch on and the small cubicle was flooded with light, I squinted my eyes and saw his back marked with female scratches, old and new ones. The mark from Helen's nails when she mercilessly raked his back during the height of passion was still evident. It was slightly red and bleeding.

"Cole!" I gasped his name as he roughly pushed me closer to the sink, forcing my stained arm at the mercy of the faucet. Cold water rushed in. He took a bar of soap in his free hand and lathered my arm with it. I winced when he started scrubbing my skin off like some mad man.

Everything was quiet, except for Cole's heavy breathing, the flowing water, and my pounding heart.

"Blast it Cole! It hurts!" I complained when I felt my skin peel from his harsh treatment. But he didn't stop. I could still see his horrified face reflected in the mirror, still engrossed with rubbing my arm clean of his filth. Beads of sweat started to form on his forehead.

"I'm sorry," his voice broke. It was the first thing that he said to me for a long time. I swallowed the lump in my throat and whispered,

"That's enough."