Chapter 1 : Saving an unknown life.

3rd July, 2020

Happy and excited to meet her soon to be fiancé, as she had stood in front of her mirror getting ready, she hadn't thought that by the end of the evening she would be left with a broken heart, a broken alliance and tears in her eyes.

Walking out of the Edrisi Mansion, the thought of facing her parents and telling them about her broken engagement, was making her afraid of facing their reaction. She was afraid of their questions, which she didn't have answers to. What she was going to tell them, why the alliance broke, the reason for breaking the engagement, what suddenly happened between the two, she had no answers to it.

Sat in the cab, crying her heart out, was 21 year old Kinza Malik, who felt as if her whole world was crumbling down. Wiping away her tears with the back of her palm, she tried not to cry but fresh set of tears rolled down her cheeks nonetheless. She was avoiding meeting eyes with the cab driver, who was giving her weird looks seeing her cry, and she felt conscious of herself but she couldn't help the tears that kept leaking from her eyes.

She looked out of the window to see the sky drizzling the season's first snow. Fine milky snow white particles were drizzling down from the sky like some fine garnishing last touch to an extraordinary platter. Eventually settling on the concrete roads, the snow was starting to cream them white. The roads were getting slippery due to it and looking through the glass was beginning to get tough. The air began to get chilly and it made Kinza roll up her window and pull her overcoat more closer to her.

If it would have been some other day, she would have taken her time to just sit in the cozy corner of her luxurious room with a cup of hot chocolate and relished the first snow of the season.

The ringing of her cell phone made her look at her hand in which she held it and seeing her mother's number flashing on the screen, another cry left her lips and she broke into tears again.

It kept ringing in her lap and she kept trying to steady her voice and stop her cries, but couldn't do so. The call ended and she took in a breath. Wiping her tears with the back of her palm, she took her cell phone to make a call to her mother so as not to worry her, but she was jerked forward suddenly when the cab driver pushed the brakes out of the blue. Her cell phone resulted in falling down from her hands and it took her a few moments to steady herself. She picked it up quickly and faced the driver with worried lines that had graced her forehead.

"What happened? What's with the sudden brakes?" She asked in confusion, through her teary voice. The driver looked back at her and then pointed at something, rather someone on the highway ahead of them.

"There's someone lying on the road. It seems a hit and run case." The driver informed. On his sentence as she looked through the windshield, she was left shocked and her eyes widened with horror. Opening her side of door, she slowly got out and with baby steps, neared the person lying on the floor.

She stood there looking at the still form of the man lying on the ground, covered in blood and her senses seemed to stop working.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" She didn't know what she should do. Her hands were trembling and her legs felt like jelly, as if she would collapse on the road any minute. She looked at the cab driver, who had gotten out as well, and back at the person covered in blood. He was lying on his stomach with his back facing them, and gathering all the courage in her, she neared him and knelt on the ground beside his form.

Holding his overcoat sleeve with both her hands she pulled him towards her, making him lie on his back, and almost immediately a gasp left her lips in shock and she cupped her mouth instantly, and her eyes closed tight shut. Covered in blood and a wound of stab at the side of his waist, the man lay unconscious, with his pulse running faint.