Ch 2 - Mangalsutra ♥️

Three days after Holi.

Cadets were fully focusing on their studies. For the first time, Cadets had gone to the library on their own wishes. BC had gone to the library to get something when he found the cadets studying seriously without their usual masti. He nodded in satisfaction and left from their. He ordered the teachers to visit the library to find out if the cadets needed any help or not.

Naina was helping Aalekh with his studies when an orderly came and said, "Cadet Singh, apko Captain Shikhawat ne bulaya,"

"Oh. Okay," Naina nodded before excusing herself and headed towards Rajveer's room. On the way, she remembered the day of Holi and how they had celebrated it. She blushed recalling the moment when he filled her mang with red gulaal. She still felt shy to even think about the truth. Her Rajveer sir was now her husband. She touched her hair self-consciously. She had applied a small dot of sindoor in her partition and did her hair in a different style to hide it.

Like always she didn't bother knocking and entered his room. Rajveer was making coffee. Seeing her enter like that, he smiled. He was used to her behaviour by now. "Good morning, Naina. Baitho aur coffee piyo," he said giving her one of the mugs.

"Thank you," Naina gave him a shy smile.

They both were feeling shy as any newly weds would feel in the early marriage days. They sat side by side and drank their coffees in silence.

Rajveer cleared his throat after a few minutes of silence. "Wo... Main tumhare liye kuch laya tha," he said, blushing slightly.

"Kya?"

"Wo... Naina, maine tumhe sindoor to pehna diya par... jab tak main tumhe mangalsutra na pehna deta, mujhe hamari shaadi adhura sa lage ga. Par kyuke tum abhi bhi ek cadet ho aur tumhe drills karni hogi to traditional mangalsutra tum pehen nehi paogi. Isiliye Maine tumhare liye kuch alag banvaya hai," Rajveer explained getting up from the couch. "Main abhi laya. Ek minute," he said before going to hai bedroom.

He came back a few minutes later with a box in his hand.

((For reference only))

Naina stood up from the couch. Rajveer handed her the box and gave her a nervous smile. The poor guy looked like he was about to faint. Shyly, Naina opened the box and was confused. There was a gold chain in there but it was really long. How was this going to help her hide her mangalsutra was a puzzle to her. She gave him a questioning look.

Rajveer's blush deepened. "Ye...wo.. ye ek kamarbandh hai. A waist chain. You can hide it under your clothes," he explained.

Naina was also flustered at his explanation. She gave him the box back, making his frown. Did she not like it? Rajveer wondered.

Seeing his reaction, Naina said, "Wo.. mangalsutra pati pehnate hai pehle bar," she explained looking here and there.

"Oh," Rajveer blushed... Again. ((Kitna sharmata hai yaar🙄))