Ushijima

Today already began horribly. First off, you woke up late so you were a mess when you were trying to get ready, AND you forgot your books in your dorm, making you run all the way back and forth so you were rushing to be on time.

"(Nameeee)," Satori's voice rang through your ear as he trotted towards you. You were on your way to you locker when you were stopped by the red haired male.

"Is something wrong?" You asked sassily, "Satori it's literally 8 in the morning and today's-"

He only brought his phone up, trying his best to contain his laughter as you grabbed the phone out of his hand, eyes widening.

"Where did you get this?" You hissed, about to delete the picture before he quickly grabbed it from your hands.

"You guys do look like a couple in this," Satori teased with a small smirk, "I didn't know you had that in you, (Name)~"

"Shut up," You mumbled under your breath, before an intense presence appeared behind the teasing boy, Satori playfully wiggling his eyebrows at the feeling of the olive-haired boy approaching.

Why does he look better every time than when I last saw him? You thought to yourself, gently biting down on your lips as you forced those thoughts away.

"Good morning captain," Satori mused, turning around and slowly walking towards him.

"Good morning. Good morning (Name)," Wakatoshi said with a small nod.

"Good morning," You blurted, and you glanced at Satori who was now behind Wakatoshi, holding the picture of you embracing Wakatoshi, with a small annoying smile, your face becoming flushed at the sight.

Oh how you wished you could smack that shit-eating grin off of his face.

"Are you alright (Name)?" Wakatoshi asked, lifting his hand to your forehead with a blank expression, "You're burning up."

"I'm fine," You managed to utter, "I-I have to get to homeroom."

"We can walk together. We go the same way," Wakatoshi pointed out.

He was right. Your classrooms weren't very far from one another, only a few metres that separated them. You immediately noticed how Satori's face lit up at the comment.

"You guys have fun," Satori shot you an irritating glance, "I'm heading to class."

And with that he quickly left, almost running as Wakatoshi watched him hurriedly scurry away.

"Well, let's go," You smiled, and he nodded in agreeance as you walked side by side, him taking much longer strides than you were as you struggled to keep up with the captain. The walk was quiet, Wakatoshi's face remaining stoic and serious as he slowly strolled towards his classroom, parting with a small 'goodbye'.

You only smiled at his words before your back turned and you walked into your own respective class. You already knew by how this day began, this would be one of those days.

~

"Heyyyy (Name)!" The team smiled in unison as you walked up to them with a small frown.

"Why is your uniform wet?" Satori snorted, as he took notice of your damp uniform.

"Some jerks were playing basketball outside when I was walking by the court and the ball landed in the puddle next to me," You sighed. Today was clearly not your day, as an exhausted sigh escaped your lips, "And it splashed me."

"How about wearing your sweater over it?" Ohira offered.

"I would but I was wearing it when I was walking. I just dropped it off in my dorm to dry off," You grumbled as you sat against the lunch table, clutching the sides of your bare arms, "And I'm freezing."

"Hey Wakatoshi," Satori hopped towards the stoic male, ignoring your presence, "You should give your sweater to (Name)."

"Does he need it?" Wakatoshi asked.

"Obviously," Satori scoffed, "Now hurry up!"

"I'm right here you know," You frowned at the two boys.

With no words and his normal blank expression, Wakatoshi slowly dug through his black bag, pulling out his volleyball sweater as he walked towards you, all eyes on the captain and the manager as they watched your interaction.

"You said you were cold," Wakatoshi began, handing you his own sweater, "You can wear it for the rest of the day."

"Thanks."

With a bright blush that refused to fade, you gratefully accepted his offer, taking the large sweater from his hands as you slung it over your shoulder, zipping it up until your collarbone. Now warm, a content smile formed on your lips as you slumped into the oddly large sweater that seemed to fit him- did not fit you. It went up to your thighs, gently gracing your knees and you could see Satori's glint in his eyes. You already knew he was trying to get a picture- but frankly you didn't care. As you melted into the sweater, his sweet, lavender scent invaded your nose as you took a deep breath. Not that you were complaining.

Wakatoshi watched as you slumped into his sweater. The sight made his heart tingle, but he quickly disregarded any feelings like that after Satori made yet another interesting remark about volleyball and being the best blocker on the team.

"(Name) you look like you're on cloud nine," Semi chuckled lightly, Wakatoshi's face pulling into one of confusion.

"Cloud Nine?"

"Nevermind."

~

Your day seemed to finally turn around as you walked towards your last period class, your eyes immediately lighting up when they fell onto Wakatoshi, blankly staring out the window.

"Ushijima!"

You ignored the voice as you were about to walk into your classroom.

"Hello? Ushijima?!" The voice called out again, and when you turned around, you were met with the eyes of a boy who seemed familiar, yet you had no idea who he was, "I thought something was different."

"What?"

"I noticed you were a bit short for Ushijima," He furrowed his brows before a small laugh escaped his lips.

"We look nothing alike," You laughed, "Besides what do you-"

Your hand subconsciously reached for your sweater. You awkwardly laughed, rubbing the back of your neck as he spoke.

"Why are you wearing his sweater?" He asked in a nosy tone, slightly tilting his head to the side.

"It's a..," You sighed, "Really long story."

"Are you dating him?"

"N-No," You blurted, before he shot you a look of interrogation.

"Are you suree?" He smiled, and you gently laughed, hoping he wouldn't ask any more questions.

"Yes. I'm sure."

"Okay whatever you say (L.Name)," The boy walked away, and you were left there, clutching the sides of the overbearing sweater.

"Come on Ushijima~" You heard Satori smirk, "Come on! Let's go to class Ushijima."

"Satori I hate you so much," You grumbled, "And my day was starting to get a bit better..,"

"I mean for you I'd say today is a pretty good day," He smirked, pointing at the sweater that was slugged over your shoulders. You ignored his comment, before walking into the classroom, greeting Wakatoshi.

Maybe today wasn't so bad after all.