"Wait, your mom was questioning you about our relationship?" Logan asked confused.

"Yeah. She was asking whether or not I was going to break it off, or if we were going to move forward together. She also mentioned that it was alright to break off when college was over because I was finally stepping into the real world. It wasn't until I was rejected from the New York Times that I finally felt like I didn't know what I was doing. And then you were in California, and I couldn't talk to anyone. Paris was trying figure out where she was going for medical school. Lane was dealing with Zach and the twins. Mom was just... not being my friend. I didn't know what time you had your interview so I didn't dare call. Then when you proposed it was so out of the blue, because we never talked about it Logan. Sure I thought about it -- hypothetically and there were some moments where I would have said yes, but I couldn't in that moment. I wanted to so much, but I couldn't. And then you walked away with my heart in your hands." Rory began to tear up, her voice becoming a little shaky  as she continued on explaining what had surrounded the situation.

"And there I was... trying to hate you for saying no when you had a right to say no and I was kicking you into a corner! We should've talked, we never really talked about our future. I know that. Marriage and the whole white picket fence thing used to scare me and I would always avoid it, or at least try to." Logan trailed off, furrowing his brow as he looked at his food. He moved his fork around absently, trying to figure out where he was going with this.

"See! That was one thing I was scared of! If I was the one that brought it up, you could've bolted the second you had a chance!" Rory cried, the flickering of emotions in her blue eyes brought pain to Logan's heart when he locked gazes with her the moment she spoke out.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you -- all cards on the table. The moment I met you -- not at the coffee cart, because that's a blurred memory, but when we stood in front of your dorm debating- "

"Arguing," Rory clarified.

Logan gave her a look to not interrupt him and she smiled, giving him a simple nod.

"In that moment, I knew you were different. Something about you just pulled me in. And it all started with the nickname, Ace. I never gave a nickname to any girl voluntarily. Sure, there are the simple nicknames that get the girl in bed when their name is forgotten... but with you... you were special. I remembered your name and gave you a nickname and that came to a shock to Colin and Finn and even Honor became concerned. I was never afraid of the settling down conversations that popped up in functions, lectures from Mitchum, or very obvious hints from my mother and other ladies that wanted me with their daughter or granddaughter, because you were on my mind. At the LDB event and you knew very little about me, yet trusted me in that moment to jump off that scaffolding, I knew I was in for it and the white picket fence couldn't've been planted faster... and I was willing enough to keep that fence."

Logan watched for any reaction in the baby blues he had missed and loved so much, but now he got to see them every day and love them every second of every day. They glowed under the warmth of the back porch light, emotions of love, happiness, and an eagerness to hear more.

"When we moved in together, I thought it would be difficult. But it wasn't. It was easy."

"That's because I basically lived there unofficially for months."

Logan looked at her. Rory flashed a smile.

Logan let out a long breath and began again, "My life felt complete every time I went to sleep next to you and every time a woke up with you in my arms. My life was complete and never imagined a day without you. That is until London. I missed you every single day, and I never went out to get drinks and pick up girls with my co workers-- as they had heard that I was this King of Parties. It was horrible until I found the right group of people and I'll be honest Bobbie did have a thing for me and tried to sleep with me a couple times and no-- before you interrupt, I never fell for it once because I could only think of you. It was lonely in the apartment but it did got better when you discovered--"

"Ah-ah no! You promised never to bring that up again!" Rory twisted her face as she began to feel embarrassment and uncomfortable.

Logan laughed and Rory watched him carefully as he looked at her with his mega watt smile.

"I was shocked you'd go that far after your blunt disgust when you found out Paris was texting Doyle in your presence."

"Hey! It was disturbing even when she started to explain what she was telling him!" Rory wanted to throw up and put her take out on the table with a churning stomach. Logan followed suit as his face twisted. Okay, bad topic over food.

Rory glanced over to Logan's Rolex to see the time, but she couldn't tell, so she reached over and pulled the watch into view. Logan watched her, amused, remebering all the times she has done it in paranoia to being late.

"We need to head out."

"We still have time."

Rory shook her head, gathering up her trash and heading inside to throw it out and then make sure they had everything.

"Nuh-uh leave the trash out here. I'll take care of it. You go triple check your lists."

Rory thanked him and then kissed his cheek, barely more than a graze, and darted off to go get changed.

"What kind of kiss was that?!" Logan dramatically calls out to her.

Rory only giggled in response.

Logan shook his head and cleaned up, taking all the Indian take out and putting it in a garbage bag and dumping it in the neighbor's trash can before heading back inside to help Rory get set for the airport.

****

Hey guys! Just finished this chapter and will start on the next one soon.

"Be the reason someone smiles today," quote by unknown.