It rang a few times, filling the silent room with a dull ringing. It actually gave me chills as it continued to ring for the longest time before someone picked up. We didn't say anything as we listened to some crackles, then a familiar voice spoke, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

"Hello, Kristophe's busy right now and can't come to the phone, but I'll gladly take a message for you." Claude's voice crooned, giving me goose bumps as I gasped and took a step away from the phone. Storm gritted his teeth.

"Where the hell is he?! And my father?!" He demanded angrily, surprising me as his fangs flashed with how angry he was. Even Mark looked nervous as he withdrew. Claude answered with a relaxed laugh. I didn't like the sound of that.

"Good question! See, I destroyed that Porsche of yours, thinking your daddy would be inside. Figures that the fucker sent his lapdog out as a distraction, but whatever. That's fine by me because now I know exactly where you are. You, your pretty fiance, and Vladimir's prized dolly. I wonder what Vladimir will think when he finds that your entrails are pinned to our front door." He explained cheekily before stopping to laugh louder this time, as if he couldn't think of anything more hilarious.

"Your threats weren't scary before, what the hell makes you think they are now?" Storm demanded hatefully, making me wince and wave my hands around. He was letting his anger get the best of him. Mark looked between us nervously, then froze along with the rest of us as we heard a blood curdling scream from the other end of the phone.

I instantly recognized Kristophe's voice and gasped.

"Stop! Leave him alone!" I blurted, making Storm wince as he held the phone away from us. I heard Claude laugh bitterly now.

"Zephyra shows no weakness to the enemy. Vladimir should've done the same when he found my brother and I. Too late now, though. I'll see you brats in a few minutes." There was a click followed by the droning dial tone.

"We need to get out of here and find the Morettis as soon as possible." Storm announced, shoving his cell phone away as he made for the exit so quickly that Mark and I had to run to catch up with him as he threw open the hotel room door, heading for the lift.

"Wait, what's being around the Morettis going to do now?" I asked in disbelief as Storm practically poked the crap out of the lobby button.

"They'll know where the base is and hopefully where my father is. Wherever he is, he's safe. And he didn't send Kristophe out. If I know my father, I know he wouldn't risk putting Kristophe in danger. Something's wrong. We need to move quickly and this is the perfect time for all of us to be paranoid." He added with a grimace as we rushed out into the lobby.

However, even from the lobby, we could see a couple of sleek black cars pulling up. Storm instantly grabbed Mark's hand and I was right at their heels as Storm led us quickly off into the restaurant, heading straight for the kitchen and ignoring the Italian waiter, who was protesting angrily.

"How're we supposed to get from here to the Moretti Manor? They're on the outside of the city and we're at the heart of Rome." I told Storm as we pushed past chefs, who cried out and protested in disgust as Storm led us to the back exit of the kitchen into a very unappealing alleyway with a couple of filthy dumpsters that hadn't been emptied in weeks.

"I can solve that," Mark exclaimed, making Storm and I look at him as we quickly went down the stairs into the alley, "Let's go to the parking garage! I still have a few tricks up my sleeve that'll get us across Rome in no time!"

"Is it illegal?" I asked. Mark stared at me.

"Since when do I do anything legal?" He asked and I just shook my head as Mark sprinted ahead of us into the parking garage beside the hotel. Storm and I stayed hot on his heels as Mark scanned the parking garage, still running before he bolted toward a sleek deep gray Lamborghini Aventador that sat between a couple of Porsches.