Chapter Sixteen: Internships #1

Start from the beginning

"Shut the Hell up, cheerleader." He scowls back, making me grin as we move down the street.

We continue to walk, mostly in silence. Bakugou would grunt every so often, to which I don't know why. Maybe it was just a reflex of him. I also didn't bother asking, I didn't want strangers to watch our show of Bakugou screaming insults at me while we walk to our internships.

I got a text from Dad saying to meet him at his office. He also said I would be directed there by one of his sidekicks who would be at the entrance. I haven't met any of his sidekicks yet, but I hope they're nice at least.

"Hitoshi, I'm seriously fine." I chuckle into the phone, a few steps behind Bakugou because of his superiority complex, "It's my dad, as if he'd put me in any danger I couldn't handle."

Hitoshi, who was on his own internship on at the moment, was taking the time to call me. I was trying to tell him that I was fine, especially since I was at Dad's agency. Despite secrets, I know he's good.

"Okay, but make sure you actually know what you're doing." 'Toshi sighs out, sounding as if he's said this a million times, "You know how you get with those kinds of situations."

I scoff back, shoving my hand into my pocket, "Excuse me, when have I ever been in 'those kinds of situations'?" I can practically see the smug look on his face.

Hitoshi chimes back through the call, "Multiple times. You want me to spend some minutes talking about it?" He changes his tone from cautious to smug and making me regret my decision. "What about the time you tried to get my cat out of the tree? When you 'ever so lightly' made a slide out of the tree bark?"

I clench the material of my costume case in my hands and go to interrupt him when Hitoshi goes on, "And how you had to stretch it down the pavement and tripped over that guy riding his bike from school?"

My face burns slightly with embarrassment as I whisper harshly back to him, "Okay, okay, I got it! You can stop, geez..." I raise the case to cover half my face as my eyes cast to the ground. "How... How many stories do you have about me?"

This slightly scares me. He knows things about me that even my parents don't know. Like how I sometimes drink coffee before school when training the night before has me strained. Or like how swear strings of words when I get stuck on a question for homework, which I usually did at Hitoshi's house anyways.

He didn't spill anything to my parents, did he?

Of course he didn't.

'Toshi isn't like that.

Hitoshi remarks, "Oh, tons and tons, Kitten. Most of them are for the purpose of blackmail, but others - not so much." He gives a light laugh at the end as I drop my case to my hip again.

"Well, it's nice to know you keep tabs on me, 'Toshi." I joke, looking in front of me to see Bakugou now closer than before. Did I pick up my pace or something? "Anyway, you have your internship now. I'll be at mine soon, I'll talk to you later."

Hitoshi then hums back to me, "Right, okay. See you later."

We hang up, my steps falling in line with Bakugou's as I shift beside him now. He's glaring out in front of him, making me a bit confused. What's got him so pissy already?

A few minutes later, I raise a brow at an upcoming building. I notice how Bakugou suddenly grows a suspicious look on his face when I turn his way.

I lift my head up and mumble out to him, "So why did you pick Best Jeanist anyway? He doesn't seem like your kind of Pro Hero." The question seems to make Bakugou more irritated than he already was.