【8/10】

Start from the beginning

Now, you've given yourself a job. A job to help Mingi's mission. To help him remove the grudge he was waiting to be gone. To feel the love he lost from his past.

•••••

You ride on San as you watch the villagers of Utopia hold a rally against their king. The shouts of their anger and pleads were heard. The flames of their eyes and the flames of their torches combine as you see the King's figure look down on them.

You looked through the direction where the villagers are getting angry. It was Mingi along with his other friends, except for San. They were tied looking helpless. The flames of the villagers were stalling around them.

"San, we have to go down. We have to save Mingi." You said. But the dragon didn't move an inch. Was he getting scared? Maybe he is a traitor meant to betray his friends.

"Spirits dies within the hands of the spirits. Once the flame starts. My friends die." San said as he fly through the nearest roof from where Mingi and the others are tied.

San suddenly transforms from dragon into a human, catching you in his arms when you fell from the air. He looks at you with a sad smile before helping you stand up.

"How do we help them?" You asked the dragon human beside you.

"Spirits will be taken by grim reaper if they hurt any human being lomiving by this time." San said as he look at the flaming sight before him.

You hinted what he was saying. Offering your life to be killed by Ji Won, in order to save Mingi and his friends. Once the King hurts you, his soul will be erased by the Grim Reaper.

It may break your heart, but it's a better choice to help the men before you. Thinking of a plan, you tap San.

"Let's go save our friends, shall we?" You smiled. Your face was shining through the moonlight of Utopia as San stare at your features.

He was most grateful for you to think of his friends more than you thought of yourself. He read your mind as soon as you said that you'll save them.

Would he be selfish? To give you for his friends to be safe rather than letting you live your innocent life back on where you belong?

But, the determination in your eyes when you said that you'll save his friends was more than enough for him to agree.

You told him the plan as San carefully mark your words. You know this might or may not end well, but it's more than fine than doing nothing.

You look down at Ji Won then at Mingi. Ji Won raised his sword pointing it at Mingi's neck.

"San?" You called. You looked back and watch as San transforms himself into a dragon.

"Whatever it takes." You said as you stroke San's scaly face putting his scaly forehead against your soft once.

"Whatever it takes." San saod as he help you ride him.

You both watch as Ji Won raise his sword once more. As if on cue, San rushed his flying on top of the scene.

It was happening in slow motion when Ji Won pushed his sword down to Mingi's neckline. It was the same time where you jumped from San ready to recieve the sharp sowrd pierce through the soft hands of yours.

As soon as the sword came down, instead of slashing Mingi's neckline, it came in contact with your hands forming a long slit on wound as the sound of slash shattered around.

Everyone was agape in what happened. You felt blood come out from your mouth as you look at Ji Won's face of doom.

His eyes were widened as he sees the wound from your hands coming down through your wrist. His face of regret and sorry as he knelt down before you.

A man appeared beside him, covered in white clothings and mask full of chains. No face were visible only pure white. He walk near Ji Won who looked terrified and terrified as the man is nearing him.

It was the Grim Reaper.

"I shall take your soul away." The Grim Reaper simply said as he snap his fingers.

Slowly, your heart aches as you watch Ji Won's cries and please of pain as his body burns into ashes of red and black. Your tears were stremaing down your face as well. Seeing the man before you in pain hurts you knowing that you are the reason of his distress.

Now you understand. Why Ji Won had you taken and guarded. Why Ji Won wants you away from Mingi. He just wants to save himself from hurting you. He wants to save himself from getting lost.

But it happened. It happened because of you.

You cried as you felt the tingling pain from your wrists. Seems like it isn't only Ji Won who's being lost.

It was you either.

You smiled and looked at Mingi who was now freed by San and his friends. Mingi looks scared, more terrified than you are. But as he look at you, he was more than terrified.

With that, you blacked out.