Chapter 1

(Pic of Lia on the side)

"Lia!" My mom called from downstairs. It seemed urgent.

I shot out of bed and ran quickly downstairs to see my mom and dad sitting at the dining table. I couldn't read their faces as they were expressionless.

"Uh, whats going on?" I asked curiously. Dad indicated to the seat in front of me and I sat down.

"Honey we just got a call from our boss, Mr Adams," mom started, glancing at dad who gave her a nod as in saying to keep going, "to cut long story short, we're gonna be gone for a while"

"Can someone please explain?" I asked, not entirely understanding what she meant.

"Mr Adams promoted us to his executive business people, and he needs us with him as he goes to each office all over the world" Dad explained, "we don't know how long we will be gone but it will be a while, and we know you don't want have to be shipped every few weeks so we organized you to stay with your Aunt Jenny, but if you don't want to you can come with us" dad said giving me the two options.

It all clicked in my head, that meant I would get to stay in Australia, my dream destination, with my Aunt. My smile spread from ear to ear as I thought about staying in Australia.

"Im guessing you'll be going to Australia?" Mom asked with a laugh. I looked at both my parents "If that's ok?"

My dad grabbed my hand gently, "Honey, its fine, and it's not like you won't see us. We will make sure to visit". 

I was going to Australia. This has been my dream ever since I was little and my Aunt moved there, then she would visit sometimes and tell me all the amazing things that Australia had to offer.

"You better get packing because you leave tonight at 8pm" my mom said. I looked at the clock which read 10:00 am. I thanked both my parents and then rushed up the stairs to pack my bags with everything I needed for Australia.

I was so excited!