✾ 12. ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ

Start from the beginning

"So... That's what you think... but I have my dreams about that... Muzan... What is your dream? It's been thousands of years... What kind... Of dreams do you exactly have?" Oyakata-sama asked.

"How about I make a guess, Muzan. I understand your heart and soul. You dream of eternity. You dream of being indestructible," and Oyakata-sama started to cough then as [name] slowly pushed Muzan's hand down so that she could take a look.

"Exactly. And it will come true, very soon. Once I get my hands on Nezuko,"

"Your dream won't come true, Muzan,"

"You seem pretty confident in Nezuko's hiding place. But unlike you, I have a lot of time on my hands,"

"You are misunderstanding something,"

"About what?"

"About eternity. I know something. it is nothing but human thoughts. Thoughts last for eternity. They are indestructible," Oyakata-sama spoke and [name] hid her face once more, finding the bloodied figure of Oyakata-sama's face to be horrifying.

"The demon hunters have never died out for a thousand years. True, a lot of unfortunate children have died, but they haven't disappeared at all. You just said the truth is foolish. Let me prove to you that human thoughts are indestructible. The thought of 'never forgiving those who have taken the lives of people's loved ones away' senselessly is eternal. And you have never been forgiven. Not even once over the last thousand years," Oyakata-sama added on and [name] felt something was off.

"And you Muzan, have stepped on the tiger's tail countless times. So you are incurring the wrath of the dragon. In essence, you have awoken a sleeping creature that's been slumbering for a long time. And they despise you. They will never let you get away," and Kibutsuji Muzan's eyes widened as [name]'s back started to sprout her flower vines.

"If you kill me, the demon slayers won't feel pain or even an itch. They honestly don't need me that much. This connection to human thought, is something you probably can't understand, Muzan. Because you... and your kind will cease to exist once you die, right?" and [name] felt Muzan tensing up, a change in the air.

"Zip it," he muttered out.

"Yeah, I'm done. I've said what I wanted to say to you. But can I say one last thing?" Oyakata-sama asked and [name] watched as Muzan appeared before him in the room where he laid.

"Muzan-sama..." she mumbles out as she heard something coming their way.

"I said they honestly didn't need me that much... But that doesn't mean my death won't be inconsequential. I am fortunately yet undeservedly loved by my demon slayers. My Hashiras in particular. So if I die the morale of the demon slayers will be higher than ever," and [name] watched as Muzan lifted his hand, ready to grab hold of Oyakata-sama.

"You done talking?" he asked.

"Yes... Though I didn't expect you to listen to me... Thank you, Muzan,"

"[NAME], GET DOWN!" and [name]'s eyes widened when Muzan ran towards her just at the building exploded. He quickly covered her from the explosion, rendering him getting injured.

"Muzan-sama?! Muzan-sama!" she yelled out as she looked at his body that was burning due to the fire. She watched as he started to regenerate and [name] couldn't help but hold onto him tightly.

"That man's face, he had the smile of a Buddha. But then, he along with his wife and kids blew themselves up. I made a mistake, [name]. I shouldn't have brought you in here, you were close to getting blown up too!" Muzan muttered out and [name] could only shake her head.