"It Bit Me!"/"What's wrong with a toothless dog?".

Mulai dari awal

I smile gently and drank a little more to Conrart being on my side in the, what I can assume is, an argument.

"Not to mention you were testing his majesty" Conrart continued sternly.

"I was not, I was preparing myself for what destruction having the kid as a ruler would do" Yozak replied as he leant back in his chair.

"Regardless it was testing him, if you go anymore out of line I'll have you relieved of your duties, am I understood?!" Conrart warned threateningly.

"Sorry Lord Weller, you're not a captain of an army anymore. If you want to boss me around you better return to duty AQAP" Yozak replied carefreely.

I sigh and down another glass of wine and slammed it on the table as the two men squabbled over politics.
Then Yuri was mentioned again.

"You aren't seriously running around babysitting the demon king for the rest of your life?" Yozak asked half joking.

Conrart smiled, "that's exactly what I'm going to do with his permission of course".

I pour another one, my head getting fuzzy as I felt my cheeks heat up, Julia warning me to be careful of how much I was drinking I raised the glass and smiled brightly, "thank you Conrart, you're so kind".

"You're joking. How can the Lion of Lutenberg be reduced to a toothless dog?" Yozak asked rhetorically.

Conrart looked uncomfortable with what he used to be called, Julia would tell me stories and it was clear that now Conrart was haunted by them and it's understandable.

"You're digging too far into the past, Yozak" he started as he looked at his drink.

I played with my hair since it was down and smiled dreamily, "what's wrong with a toothless dog? They may not have their bite, but they're better for it. The toothless dog can make a better life than living in blood and fear".

Conrart looked at me surprised, I grinned and took another gulp of my drink but Yozak was not convinced, "you've clearly had too much to drink".

I scowled at Yozak, "And you've clearly got you head so far up your-".

"Rina, please" Conrart pleaded as he tried to take my glass away.

I moved the glass away from him, "Alright I'll behave, just... don't take my drink".

Conrart returned to his comfortable position in his chair and worriedly looked at me. I smiled in return and the conversation continued to it's natural place.

"And I can't believe you gave that thing to the kid, I don't want to be around when Adelbert finds out" Yozak stated.

"By thing you mean... the blue pendant?" I enquired taking a sip of my drink.

"Yes, do you know who that used to belong to?" Yozak asked as if I was an idiot.

I felt even more heat rush to my face and gripped my glass so hard it shattered into pieces causing the guys to look at me in shock.

"Suzanna Julia von Wincott, I've heard the story Yozak. I'm not an idiot!" I replied as I slowly stood up.

"Rina, please",Conrart insisted sadly, "I think it's time to call it a night".

"God damn, you're a terrible drinking buddy Yozak", I continued snapping quietly as I snatched the bottle from the table, "I'm going for a walk, you two have had enough!".

I ran out the room and walked around outside the inn and danced around on the grassy plain merrily.

Maybe I have had too much to drink, Julia...