"It Bit Me!"/"What's wrong with a toothless dog?".

Start from the beginning

"I get my looks from my mother, I don't know about the eye colour though" I said puzzled as I thought about the origins of my appearance.

"Yuri, it's alright".

I turned around to find Conrart was calming Yuri down, "We'll find another way".

I smiled at Yuri in reassurance while Yozak groaned behind me with annoyance.

"By all means your majesty come on back, let the soldiers handle it" the strawberry blonde said irritably.

"What are you saying? that I'm irresponsible?" Yuri asked annoyed.

"I wouldn't dream of saying such a thing your majesty, please by all means come back and let's leave this awful place" Yozak replied in a condescending tone.

"What do you know? What the hell do you know?!" Yuri shouted angrily, "I'm just an ordinary high school boy who never believed in any of this demon and magic stuff and yet here I am being dragged into being your demon king!".

"Yuri" Conrart said sadly.

Yuri turned away annoyed, "do you have any idea how I feel right now?"

"How could I possibly understand?" Yozak replied, "all the soliders have to do is shut and obey the will of the demon king".

"Yozak that's enough!" Conrart exclaimed.

"Alright, that's enough" I said calmly, "we're all tired which makes us irritable, we just need to calm down and reconvene at the inn, alright?".

Everyone silently agreed with a nod which made me heave a sigh of relief with the silence no matter how stiffling.

*******

We arrived back at the inn and by that time, Yuri was relaxing in his room with Wolfram and I was drinking with Conrart and Yozak in the next room.
Yozak wouldn't stop complaining, every so often, about the waste of a trip we made and the time we wasted. I'd be on the floor passed out with every shot I could have taken from every complaint Yozak maked.

"Yozak stop it, you're ruining the evening!" I demanded irritably.

"Well the whole day was ruined by his majesty being too weak to get the sword we've been travelling for, what's more going to do?"

"Lose my respect for you as a grown man, now shut up!", I exclaimed angrily, "You're acting more of a child than my two brothers put together and I'm the middle child!".

Yozak grunted annoyed and took another two gulps of his drink as Conrart gave a small smirk and hid it by taking another drink also as he silently listened to the conversation.

I sigh, "I know Yuri will go back when he's adapted to the task".

"And while his majesty takes his time, the demon kingdom is becoming more under threat by the neighbouring countries. That sword was a way to warn the humans off, we needed that sword!" Yozak complained bitterly.

I took a sip of the wine and smiled, "this wine is lovely".

"Are you even listening to me?!".

"I'm listening, I just don't appreciate being spoken to so rudely and esspecially about my little brother, he's only a boy from another world. He's never been treated in such a way as you have from this inn and back" I replied with my eyes closed, "if you want respect Yozak you must give some in return, I assume you've heard of equal exchange?".

Yozak was about to retaliate but Conrart placed his glass down loud enough to attract our attention causing us to be silent, "Yozak that's enough, what Rina is trying to say is that you need to have more faith in his majesty".