"Reading up a spell about body jumping."

That sounded terribly boring.

"Why would you want to body jump?"

Celeste was pretty. Maybe she had a problem down below.

"I don't particularly want to Stella. I'm simply curious." Or maybe she didn't have a problem down below. There was simply no pure way of finding out. "Now, out with these questions. I don't have all day to stand around talking to you."

Rude.

Stella bit her tongue. Celeste wouldn't help her if she put her in a bad mood. "You know when you were in France, did you ever encounter any... creatures?"

"You're going to have to be more specific."

How was she supposed to describe something she didn't understand?

She needed answers before tonight. Kol was expecting her at his door by sunset. For what- she had no idea.

"Monsters that look like men."

That was the best she could come up with.

"Have you ever heard of Paris, Stella?" Celeste finally looked up, a dirty smirk upon her face. Immediately, Stella rolled her eyes. "They call it the city of love." To say she was unimpressed would be an understatement.

"I don't mean sexual monsters. I mean..." She saw his threatening, ungodly face in her head and shivered. Goose bumps crawled across her skin. "Black eyes, and black veins- and fangs. And insane speed. And the ability to heal straight away from insane wounds."

Normal people wouldn't survive a stab wound like that. If- by miracle- they didn't bleed to death, infection without medical treatment would be inevitable.

Celeste stopped what she was doing, growing increasingly concerned. No wonder the girl didn't turn to her coven for help. The coven would not welcome what she spoke of. "Who have you been talking to Stella Mendacium?"

"No one," She said quickly. She was getting stressed. Her lying skills were being put under strain. "Like your body jumping thing- I'm just curious."

"If I didn't know you so well, you could've fooled me. Now tell me the truth."

Ominously, Stella leaned her small body against Celeste's work counter. "The Mikaelsons aren't what they seem."

The new family in town wasn't half as respectable and pure as they wanted people to think. They were hiding secrets. Dark secrets.

"And how did you come to learn this?"

Her lying skills returned. She welcomed them warmly. "One of them had a bit too much to drink- spilled his secrets straight away."

"I don't think I need to tell you to tell me the truth again."

The brunette huffed.

"I was trying to kill one of them."

"You?" She could sound a little less disbelieving. Really, was it so hard to believe that Stella might have a back bone? Honestly, the cheek of some people. "You tried to kill someone?"