New Case

Sighing and placing another folder of a serial killer from three months back. He would rape the women then cut off their pony tails off and keep them. What was odd is it was only women with pony tails and the main target was red heads and brunettes. Her lab coat fell back a bit as she stood back up and walked over to her computer. She typed in a few codes and pressed enter sending off a whole file of her findings and tests to the head of the killers case. 

" So.. Your new job. Its on Kira?"

Lilith looked over at her and smiled. Mya was her closest friend and always was around when she was working. She brought her energy drinks, food and anything else she would ask for. She was a Forensic Pathologist. The two worked together all the time and Mya had helped Lilith solve two cold cases. It was something they did in their past time when cases where scarce. 

"Did you not get chosen for the case too? I recommended you in my emails."

Mya set down a glass of a thick yellow liquid while waiting for blood sample to finish processing. Setting down the glass she sighed and shrugged leaning forwards in her seat. Her hair was a light brown with blonde highlights dyed into the ends. Her eyes where a green hazelish hue. Much brighter than Lilith's dark amber eyes. Her figure was an hour glass and perfectly filled out in Finley's eyes. Yet Mya always hated down onto herself which Finley would instantly turn around. 

"I haven't gotten an email yet. I'm sure they found someone smarter than me to work on the case with you."

Lilith threw an empty can of Moutain Dew in her direction and glared as she slid open her freezer for a few DNA samples she had put into it a few hours ago. Mya rolled her eyes and heard a ding from the computer. Jumping up from her chair she snatched up the discarded can and tossed it before reading the results. Slumping down her face dropped in annoyance. 

" No match Lil."

Sighing she set down the samples and fixed her gloves before picking a tube up and removing a sample. She placed it onto a swab before entering it into the DNA tester and starting it up again. Looking at the last three tubes she groaned and placed the tray away once again.

" I'm sure if we worked together we could get the Kira case solved. "

Perking up Mya walked over to her dark haired friend. She held out the energy drink with a metal bendy straw in its opening. Taking a sip Lilith moved a tray if skin samples out and set it down underneath a red and orangish light. It highlighted the hairs. With all hair having a natural blue undertone the orange gave contrast allowing the hairs to be more visible especially when they where small. 

Putting on a pair of magnifying glasses she leaned down with tweezers and a prodding tool to hold the skin down. Mya went and sat down waiting for the new DNA test to come up. Being very precise and staring down the tweezers Finley began to remove hair and put them into a small container with gel to keep them sterilized. 

"Isn't this L guy suppose to come by and drop off the evidence needing to be processed?"

Mya asked as she scribbled down notes on her report from the last body she worked on. Setting aside the hair Lilith started to cut a small strip of flesh away with a scalpel. Dividing the skin from the fat she began to put them into another gel covered container.

"Yeah I don't know what time but I gave him my hours for today."

Mya shrugged and hopped up. Walking over and grabbing her bag she took her ID card out and took Lilith's Keys. Setting the sample containers down the dark haired female turned off the light and pushed it aside before pulling out her microscope and setting it on the lowest setting.