Cafe

Akaashi's P.O.V.

Finally, the bell rings, signaling the end of the school day.

'The school days finally over, but mine isn't... I still have to go to the cafe with Bokuto and his friends... But it's 100 times better than going home to my parents fighting.'

I gather up my notes and supply and organize them into my bag.

I start hearing whispers as the number of voices increase in the background of the class.

'Why is everyone talking all of a sudden?'

I look up from what I'm doing as a hand is placed on my shoulder. A familiar voice makes its way to my ears.

"Hey, 'Kaashi! Are you coming? Kuroo and Kenma are waiting outside the classroom. You must have been deep in thought because you didn't hear me calling you." Bokuto smiles down at me and points at the door with his thumb.

"Oh, yeah sure, Bokuto-san... I'll be there in a second, I just need to talk to the teacher for a minute..." I look back at my bag and zip it up, put it on my shoulder, and then walk over to the teacher's desk.

As I near the desk Bokuto stands in the doorway waiting for me. Quite a few people are looking at him but he doesn't seem to care.

"Alright, Akaashi, since you came in the middle of the school year I just wanted to make sure you were gonna be fine with all the work. Now that I look at your old grades you're actually relatively ahead, so you don't need to stay behind. Just come see me if you ever need any help, okay?" She looks up to me as she finishes flipping through my files as she talked.

"Okay, thank you." I give her a slight now and she dismisses me.

More than half the class had already left the room. I make my way over to Bokuto and we exit the classroom together.

"Did you get in trouble or something?" Kuroo says as he starts walking towards the school entrance.

"No, she just wanted to check with me and see if I would be okay since I did come to this school in the middle of a semester." I just continue walking.

The rest of the walk was pretty quiet for most of it. Bokuto and Kuroo can't walk together without doing something stupid for more than a minute, and Kenma almost fell in the road because he was paying more attention to his phone than he was looking where he was walking. Thankfully my fast reflexes had caught him by his arm before he landed. Not long after that incident, we arrived at the cafe.

The bell on the door gave a small ring as we walked through the door. We sat down at a small booth after we had gotten our orders, while Bokuto paid for all our drinks and snacks.

"Hey, 'Kaashi," I looked up to Bokuto and gave a small hum for him to continue. "Why do you have such fast reflexes?"

"Huh? Where did that come from?"

"Oh, well I've just been wondering ever since you caught Kenma from falling, I figured you didn't just have them for no reason." Bokuto raised his arms and shrugged.

"Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing," Kuroo backed up Bokuto's question.

"Hmm, well I guess it could be from when my dad drank... He would often hurt himself trying to do stuff, so I would always have to catch him when he was about to fall over. I was never quick enough, but I guess because it happened so often I just got used to it and I started moving quicker. Catching Kenma was honestly more reflex than on purpose, no offense Kenma, I just didn't process it fast enough for it to be on purpose. Well, it's either that or it's just because I've always been naturally athletic." I explain my fast reflexes and ignore the slight change in the mood in the atmosphere.