2.

"What you mean I can't play this weekend?" I frowned at the coach.

"Leonard your grades have went down they are worse than before. And I honestly don't think that you're even trying anymore." He shook his head.

"I'm here ain't I ? whatcha mean I ain't tryin' If I wasn't tryin' I would be out here serving on the block. " I smirked.

Ima play one way or the other. If that's the last thing I do. Ion see why Mr. H making it a big deal. Nigga you a whole coach. You ain't my fuckin' History teacher. He out his monkey ass mind if he think he just gonna take me off the team over a fuckin' grade.

"Mr. H got me fucked up ." I spat at Carter.

"First of all LA calm your balls " he pushed me back.

LA is what the hood called me. No damn body really call me Leonard besides my teacher and my sister. Other than that Im La. All I ever knew was Oblock.
I ain't not different than any other nigga out here. Dad went to the store y'all know the rest. Mom a drug addict, pretty much I'm the man of the house. It's just me and Jasmine. And i'll kill any nigga before I let anyone hurt my family.

"Snap our Dat shit La." Carter snapped his fingers in my face.

"Get the fuck." I laughed.

But basketball the only thing that's keeping me away from the streets just about. Yea I do my shit on the weekends but the week days a nigga dedicated to basketball.

"Mr. H!" I yelled.

"What is it Anderson " He faced me.

"What's wit you I'm your star player , I'm always here either early or right on time for practice." I explained.

"The problem...are you seriously asking me this right now Anderson. " He chuckled. "When you figure it out you know where to find me ." He walked away.

-

"Man fuck that shit this ain't no gas!" I said sniffing the weed. "This straight ass!" I slapped the bag of weed on the table.

"Man you trippin lil folks word to my dead this gas" Carter laughed.

"Boy dont you put that car wash ass weed on my people fuck is YOU SAYIN" I pulled a bag of weed out my pouch.

As I lit the blunt Jasmine walked in.

"NARD!" she yelled

"And what the actual fuck do you want Teddy." I smiled.

"Don't you have a project to do ? " Looking at me with her hands on her hips.

"Don't you have some business to get into." quick ass comeback.

"Just to let you know , I heard that essay will determine if yo ass even play basketball for the rest of the season so you better get to it." She laughed.

Jasmine kissed my head , slapped the back of Carter's and went upstairs.

"She right , and you was just saying how you needed a plan. Next game is in 2 weeks tops and I know you ain't even in the mood to do work." He hit the blunt.

"Give my shit first of all, second of all i'll just get the nerd to do it this week at school. " I laughed.

"What fuckin Nerd ? " he questioned

"Te'Von little brother. " I answered.

That shit ain't due till next week i'll worry about that shit later.

"On G I ain't trying to go to this game alone " I said

"Well what you gonna do bitch cause you know this the final game of the year." Shae replied.

Shae been my friend since grade school Im talking lil folks walking around the elementary school causing nothing but hell. I know if i need anything I could call on her.

"Where the hell is Roddy..." She asked loudly.

"Somewhere in his ass I bet." I screamed.

"What the fuck was said?..." He stood at my door with this serious look on his face.

"Fix ya shit i was playin , and since you right here where my money punk ass." I crossed my arms.

"On your fuckin mind." He laughed. "Aye Shae did it leave my Supreme bag at your spot ? "

"Ummm I think so you left a lot of shit there." She smirked.

"You bitches get a room" I rolled my eyes.