1

"Get up and get ready for school" My pops yelled from the other room

I slapped the buzzer on my alarm to turn it off.

Laying in my bed an extra 5 mins before my pops busted in my door.

"Lil Von didn't you hear me say getcha ass up for school let's go man" he spat

I got up hit the shower and got dressed for school.

"I really don't want to go in here  lil folks " I told my big brother as we walked out the door.

"Lil Von that's you. You the only mother fucker with problems. Hell even Te'Von don't have problems in school. Im not always gonna be here " He walked ahead of me.

We walked to school my pops was the type "If the school 15 mins away your feet can handle it type of guy."

"Hot Dogs get your hotdogs" the man yelled on the corner.

"Still don't see the reason for selling these bitches at 9:00 in the morning." my brother laughed.

"Let me get one all the way...matter fact hold the onions ." I said calmly.

I reached him $3.00 even. A group of guys caught up with us.

"Tee you down" one of the guys said.

"Aye lil Von I'ma miss school today Ima bend on you bout 4:00." Ja'Von hugged me and left.

We was literally right in front of the school. I shook my head.

"Pops gon be on your tail." I yelled.

Walking into the doors of the school I see the same group of dudes Im always having issues with.

"OuuLittle Von , What the hell you got on On foe nem you look ridonkulous" He pointed at my shoes and laughed.

All of a sudden all the attention was on me.

I shifted my bag on my shoulder and walked to class as the laughter of the people faded away. I'm not a fighter, just some shit im not into. It's not that i can't it's just why ? when I know what i'm capable of.

"I got cobbs " I heard a chick yell from behind me.

"Man, gon head lil folks " a male voice said following off behind hers.

I turned around to see what the noise was bout.

"Fuck you looking at G's" He got loud.

"Nard chill" she said.

"Fuck this nerd...Jasmine let's go"

I watched as he grabbed her hand and pulled her away.

"What the heck" I said to myself. I went back to writing my essay.

"Okay listen up." Mr. Jonesburgh said to the class before giving his end of the semester assignment.

"You will have a week to type up a 4 page essay on the Civil War. Those who do not pass I'm not going to lie it will effect your grade tremendously if you are not already at a 87 or higher. So I highly recommend you do your research." He said before dismissing us.

This was something I was already prepared for. History was one of my top favorite classes well besides math.

"Shit...My lunch money." She said.