"I don't have a choice. It's this or we're all outed."

Minutes later, Eva returned to the room with the box. She placed it upon Stella's bed, where Mabel casually opened it. When Stella and Eva saw the contents, their eyes widened unanimously.

Inside were a few pairs of leather gloves. Beneath them, an assortment of fancy daggers lay with phials of what the girls could only assume was poison.

"Why do you have these?"

"I told you Stells, I'm evil. Did you really think I was going to marry those brainless idiots?" Stella thought of the countless fiancés her sister had had. She'd had at least seven in the last three years. All of which had died under suspicious circumstances. "Father would've been furious if I refused to marry them. Killing them was the best option."

Stella couldn't argue. Mabel's murderous activities were about to come in handy.

"So, what's the plan?"

Smirking, Mabel beckoned Stella closer whilst Eva remained near the door, listening. "We sneak into the Gerard Plantation house tonight." Easy enough. Stella snuck into the Plantation house all the time. "We'll use magic to figure out which room belongs to..."

"Kol," She supplied.

"Kol. I'll stand guard at your door in case anyone comes by. You stab him. Cover his mouth up first- you'd be surprised by how easy it is to tie someone's mouth up without waking them up." Eva and Stella shared a look of shock. Apparently, Mabel's knowledge of killing was extensive. "You don't want to stab him in the heart. If you go too far to the side, it's hard work. Stab him in the stomach so he suffers for what he's done."

Stella gulped.

Suddenly, the situation began to feel real.

"What do we do with his body?" She asked, nibbling on her lip nervously. "It'll be a bit obvious if we move it, and if he's got a stab wound in his chest, they'll start an investigation."

"That's what magic's for, Stells." A simple cloaking spell would hide the damage they'd inflicted. Mabel knew from experience. She'd done it over and over again. Once you got past the nerves, it could be rather good fun.

They spent the rest of the afternoon learning from Mabel as she described the gruesome deaths of her finances. It was disturbing to say the least. And yet Eva and Stella couldn't stop listening. Hearing about it was strangely fascinating.

When the light outside of Stella's window began to fade into a purple dusk, the two sisters pulled on their gloves and slid into their boots. They tied their hair back, hoods adorning the both of them. It was agreed that Eva would patrol the mansion, just in case their Father came looking for them.

Eva wasn't supposed to lie to Mr Mendacium, but her loyalty to Stella came first.

The sisters crept out of the mansion easily enough. It was hard navigating their way through town in the dark. However, if they closed their eyes, their feet did the walk for them. They'd embarked down that path so many times before that the stroll was second nature.

Upon arriving at the Plantation house, Stella glared at the bush. She blamed it for all of her problems. Still, that was where the sisters went to in order to hide. There'd be servants up still at this time, ensuring the house was clean and so on.

"What do we do if someone sees us?" Stella asked her sister, knowing that Mabel would more than likely have the answers.

Mabel grinned. "You're forgetting who we are Stells. Even if we were caught at the murder scene with the bloody knife still in our hands, no one would dare blame us." Mabel also knew that from experience. It's amazing what a pretty smile and a bit of flirting can get you out of. "They're scared of our last name. Besides, I think we both know you're a talented liar."

"I suppose I am pretty good at it."

Modesty did not come into play when it came to the Mendacium siblings.

"How are we going to find out which room he's in?"

"Come here." Stella took a step back, raising an eyebrow at her older sister's tone. "This is a new type of magic that one of the elders taught me." She explained. At the mention of the elders, Stella relaxed. They wouldn't teach Mabel anything dangerous. They knew she was already wild enough.

"It's not going to hurt, is it?"

"No. Just come here Stella." With Stella now close, Mabel placed her hands on the shorter girl's shoulders. "I need you to close your eyes and picture his face in your mind." She closed her eyes, remembering Elijah pointing each of the Mikaelson siblings out and naming them. "I know it's going to be hard since you've only met him once, but you need to picture his face as clearly as you possibly can." She tried harder, picturing that smug smirk he'd worn when she couldn't reach the book. Mabel then placed her fingers against Stella's temples and began to chant in Latin. "Right, I've got it. It's the room next to Emil's old nursery."

Thankfully, Stella knew where that was. Mr Gerard had taken her to Emil's nursery on multiple occasions. Stella always knew what he was doing. Every time he did it, he'd hint at Emil and Stella marrying and then having kids of their own.

"Where will you be?"

"At the bottom of the stairs making sure none of the servants or the Gerard's go to the third floor." Yes- that would be bad. Although, Stella wasn't so sure that the servants would snitch her in. Many of them were on a first name basis with Stella, harbouring a lot of respect for the seventeen-year-old girl. Many of them preferred Stella to their master. "You can do this Stella. The entire witch community of New Orleans is relying on you. If you mess this up, we'll all die."

The younger narrowed her brown eyes.

"No stress, right?" Her words dripped with sarcasm. Then, before either of them could move, Mabel gasped as she remembered something. She rifled around in the small bag that she'd bought until she found a rectangular shred of material. She thrust it into Stella's unsuspecting grasp. The girl stared down at it in bafflement.

"What's this?"

"That's what you'll tie 'round his mouth once he's asleep. Y'know, to muffle the screaming."

Her stomach did a back flip.

"You're really not making this any better."

"If it helps, I believe in you."

"It doesn't."

They ditched the bushes, heading for the house.