"So? Just go back and get it."

"That's the problem. That book is filled with spells- one of the Mikaelsons have it."

And now the situation sunk in. Mabel's dark eyes widened. If people found out that they were witches, they'd be in huge trouble... There family had been practicing for centuries without anyone's knowledge of it. They couldn't be the idiots that ruined that. Gulping, Mabel sat up straighter. Even Eva understood how dire the situation was and she wasn't a witch.

"Have you asked for it back?"

"It's a cocky Mikaelson," Stella divulged, her shoulders drooping. "He's already started reading it. He told me that he knows that I'm a witch and that I'll be getting to know him." He hadn't freaked out though. Surely that meant something. It hadn't sounded much like he was threatening her. He'd been intrigued. Definitely intrigued. Still, Stella didn't think she could trust him. "This is really bad. If people find out, they'll burn us and the coven to death."

It wasn't just their family's life on the line. The entire coven would be at stake.

"Calm down Stella," Mabel said, despite her own voice shaking slightly. "The ancestors wouldn't let us all die."

Speaking up for the first time since the door had closed, Eva turned to Stella. "Can't you ask one of your elders?"

If only.

"The elders can't know about this," Mabel announced. Naturally, Stella agreed. Sometimes, the elders could be scary.

Stella gave her handmaid a sad smile. "They'd punish us for being careless." Turning back to Mabel, she pulled herself together. "That's why I need your help, Mabel. There's only one thing I can think of."

"And that is?"

"We kill him."

Well... she hadn't been expecting that.

"I'm flattered to be the first person you think of when you need murder tips. Really, I think I'm starting to tear up." The older witch grinned. The expression didn't meet her eyes. "Are you sure? There's really no talking to him?"

Stella was positive. She'd already tried talking to him. There was simply nothing else for her to do.

"I'm positive. I tried to take it back from him. He said that he wanted to finish reading it first. Killing him is the only choice that we have."

Of course, Stella didn't want to kill him. She'd never killed anyone before. But, if it meant keeping the witch community hidden, she'd kill him in a heartbeat.

"Okay. Right," Mabel turned to Eva, unable to bring herself to say her name. She could tolerate the handmaid's presence some; but saying her name would be pushing it. "In the library, you'll find a selection of books loosely based on gardening. If you pull them out, there's a box at the back. Bring us that box. I want to talk to my sister in private."

"Yes Miss. Right away."

Eva evacuated the room, leaving the siblings alone.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Mabel asked her. She already knew what Stella would say. She simply wanted to be sure.