3 - Double Dates and Detours

[ Jung Chaeyeon ]

"So we ended up three stations instead of two..."

"Yeah... But it'll be fine. We just need to backtrack a bit." Eunwoo tried brightening up the mood. Although it only worked by a bit, I still appreciate the effort. "Let's be more careful this time."

"Y-yeah..." I smiled. "Um, the next one should be..."

"Attention, all passengers. Due to a malfunction, operation of this line has been temporarily suspended. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope for your understanding. Thank you."

"T-that was for our line, right?"

"Yeah..." Eunwoo nodded before heaving out a sigh. "What now?"

"Huh? Eunwoo? Chaeyeon?"

We turned around to find Daehwi and Eunnie.

"Eunnie? Daehwi? What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I hugged Eunnie.

"We could ask you guys the same thing." She chuckled.

"Well... It's kind of embarassing, but since it's you guys..." Eunwoo rubbed his nape. "We kinda got lost..."

"Hm, you too, huh?" Daehwi chuckled.

"Wait what?"

"Yeah, we're lost too, so you ain't special." Daehwi pat Eunwoo's shoulder.

"Well, isn't this amazing. Four jellyfish in the desert." Eunnie sarcastically commented. "What now?"

"... Okay, first of all, if we were four jellyfish in the desert, we would be dead." I commented. "Second... I have no idea."

The four of us stood there, thinking of what to do.

"Should we call someone?" Eunwoo asked.

"Now? That kinda feels like giving up." Eunnie shook her head.

"True..."

"... What if we walk the rest of the way?" I suggested.

"Are you insane?! Walk ALL the way to the next station?!" Daehwi shouted.

"Well, walking the distance of one station shouldn't be that bad." I trailed off.

"Yeah, I'm sure we've done it a couple times." Eunnie nodded.

"True... We don't know when the maintenance will finish anyways..." Eunwoo trailed off. "But, what if we get lost?"

"We have Eunnie." I pat Eunnie's shoulder. "She can find her way to cafés by following the smell. If we reach the book café, good for us. If we reach a different café, we can try to make a call."

"What am I? Your dog?" Eunnie rolled her eyes.

"Okay! It's settled! We're walking!" Daehwi clapped his hands. "Let's go!"

We walked out of the station, talking about random things.

"Fresh air! Finally!" Eunnie sighed once we left the building.