PROLOGUE

She woke up feeling a tiny narrow ray of sunlight reflecting all over her face. She rose from the bed and sat back whilst holding her head.

Damn this hangover! I shouldn't drink last night.

She was about to get up when she noticed the different interior of the room. Her eyes wandered, heart fluttered and halted when she finally knew how stupid she was.

I couldn't remember what really happened last night, everything was so shallow. Shit! How I get in this male room?

She closed her eyes trying to retrieved all the missing memories of last night but she couldn't. Tears fell from her eyes because of stupidity.

Damn, Jasmine Illyza! What is it now? How will you explain this thing to your mother?  You disappoint her again, big time!

Nagpalinga-linga siya sa paligid when her eyes darted to someone.

A guy wearing a white shirt and a grey pants. His back is facing her whilst his left hand is on his pocket and the other one is bracing onto the window. Based on his physique, she can say he's a good-looking guy. He has broad shoulders and damn, she won't lie, he's looking so hot in that simple position.

"Enjoying the view?"

Damn his baritone voice. Nahigit ni Illyza ang hininga nang magsalita ito. Paano nito nalaman na nakatingin siya sa kanya? Her breathing hitched when he slowly turns and smile, showing his perfect set of teeth.

Honestly, this is her first time seeing an intoxicating guy. Naalala niya tuloy si Kevin, the guy is way different from the man she loves. Kevin is a brute, and this guy is quite intoxicating.

She heaved a sigh. Pumunta lang naman siya sa New York to have a short break dahil masyado ng nakakasakal sa Pilipinas, at sumubok pumasok sa isang bar para sana aliwin ang sarili dahil sobra niya na talagang miss ang pamilya niya lalong-lalo na ang lalaking pinakamamahal. Pero hindi niya inaasahan na mapupunta siya sa lugar ng lalaking hindi naman niya kilala.

"How... How did I get here?" That maybe the most stupid question she asked to a stranger.

Of course! I drunk last night and because of my stupidity I end up on someone's bed. Naked.

And probably lost the last card she can give to her future husband. And it hurts, it hurts seeing herself naked under the sheet. She felt disappointed and embarrassed.

"You were very drunk last night and I am just a concern American citizen who helped you."

Right after he talks even the way he looks was disgusting. She gave him a death glare, that makes him chuckled.

"Miss, if looks could kill. Probably I'm lying on the floor right now." Sabi nito at dahan-dahang lumapit sa kanya.

Illyza grasped the sheet and hold back her tears.

"What did you do to me?"

He smirked, and shook his head.

"You were the one who asked for it,"

"And you took advantage?!" Illyza's voice filled the room as she pointed him out.

The smirk is still in his handsome face.

"Can't blame me, I am a man. And... I need it last night."

"I WAS DRUNK!" She's mad, mabilis na ang kanyang hininga. "I.WAS.DRUNK!" inulit pa niya ang mga salita ng may halong diin. "Fvck you!"

"Yeah, thanks for the good fvck." Bastos na sabi nito kaya't di napigilan ni Illyza na tumayo at hinayaan nalang na malaglag ang kumot. What's the use? Nakita naman na lahat ng lalaki kagabi. Sa inis niya ay dinampot niya ang lampshade at hinagis ito rito pero nakailag ito't sa pader tumama.

Biglang nag-iba ang timpla ng mukha ng lalaki. He faced her with his lethal look.

There, she was taken aback. Damn, what was she did again?

He cussed. "That cost a fortune," mahina at mariin nitong sabi.

She shook her head showing him her bravery.

"I don't care. You took something from me that cost more than your life,"

To be continued...
✴ever_minah✴