"What?"

"You went through all this effort just for me?" she tilted her head feeling her heart warm just a little. A small smile appeared on Oscar's face.

"Fool, have you been paying attention to what I've been saying to how much I like you?" he raised his eyebrow making Nina snort.

Nina leans over to place a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, Oscar."

"Don't mention it, mamas," he said before giving her a peck on the lips. "I mean I did this partly for myself. You try being kept inside the house by your novia," he joked before putting out the last set of food of their meal.

"This is a shit ton of food," Nina pointed out with a small smile. Well he was a chef, it only made sense there'd be this much food.

Oscar shrugged. "I got a little carried away," he smirked handing Nina a plate. She just smiled and shook her head before getting down to business with the food.

Nina moaned the moment she took a bite. "Damn fool, I think you just got me pregnant with this."

The two finished up their meal and, again, to Nina's surprise Oscar had brought her chocolate covered strawberries. It brought her back to the time he came over while she was making crepes. It even made her laugh a little knowing they ended up making out in the hallway only to be cock blocked by her sister.

After eating they decided to take a stroll by the shore line, leaving their shoes by their blanket to get a feel of the sand in between their toes. They walked side by side with Nina clinging on to Oscar's arm.

Their week together at home made Nina realize how clingy she actually was as a girlfriend. She was a little troubled at first thinking that she could've made Oscar uncomfortable but turns out he really liked her being clingy. He knew that when they would take these naps in between the day and Nina would be all over him during their cuddles. He would find himself pulling her a little bit closer as he buried his face into her neck.

"I was here the night I got out of Corcoran," Oscar began. "After four years of living in a six by eight, I needed to see something big. Open."

"I can imagine how calming and how relieving that must have felt for you," she answered only imagining the stars at night and the sound of waves crashing by the shoreline. She could imagine the peace he must've felt after all those years of torment.

"My mom and dad used to take me here when I was little. Way before Cesar was born," he smiled at the memory. "I remember making and packing the sandwiches that day. My mom kept yelling at me cos I kept adding peanut butter," he chuckled making Nina do the same.

"And then things took a turn when my father got arrested. My mom was just absent even though she was there and I ended up taking care of Cesar for the rest of my life," he continued with a sigh. "After everything that happened, I keep coming back here. To clear my head, get some space."

"This beach really means a lot to you then," Nina realized making Oscar nod. She wanted to ask more about his family but considering they just started dating maybe it wasn't the right time yet. "I don't blame you for coming back here. No people, all this space. It's relaxing," she commented instead.

"You should see it at night. Waves crashing by the shore, cool breeze, and all the stars in the sky," Oscar described and Nina could just picture the beautiful scenery. She glanced at Oscar and noticed that he was thinking to himself again.

"So I'm either really special or this is just some trap you bring all your girls to," she joked attempting to lighten up the mood. Lucking he felt a small smile tugging on the corner of his lips.