Chapter 3

(Mary's pov)

High school is crazy. Even though it's only the first day of school, freshman year sucks.

Everyone treats you as if you're a five year old. And to make matters worse, I haven't had any classes with my friends yet.

After lunch I go to science. I actually like science, and I'm not horrible at it.

Walking in, I scan the room for familiar faces. There are people I know but no one that I'd be willing to sit next to. Until I look towards the back of the room.

I see one of the Dolan brothers sitting at a table. I can't tell who it is at first because we're kinda far away. Almost as if he read my mind, he looked over.

It was clear that he was Grayson. He has a cute freckle on his chin, and Ethan has one on his cheek.

Grayson smiled and motioned for me to come over by him. This sent chills up my spine.

(Grayson's pov)

I looked towards the door just as class was about to start. And there was Mary. She looked like she was looking for something, but couldn't find it. Maybe for someone to sit by?

I had to take a chance.

Mary looked over. Her eyes instantly lit up, making me smile. I waved, trying to signal her to come sit next to me.

It worked, she started coming towards me. My pulse sped up.

"Hey Mar," that was weird. I haven't called her by that nickname for years.

"Hi Gray," she said with a small grin. That was what she'd call me.

The rest of class was small talk and laughter. But unfortunately we got homework. This gave me another opportunity.

"Hey do you get this stuff?" I whispered to Mary.

"Haha yeah. You need help?"

"Kinda haha. Maybe we could exchange numbers or something?" A small smirk appeared on her face. She must know what I'm trying to do.

With that, she wrote her number on the back of my hand with a blue pen. Her skin was warm and soft against mine.

Call this a cliché, but I swear there were sparks between us.

((Thank you all for reading, hope you like it! I'll try to update more. Sorry I haven't updated in like a week haha. There should be another chapter by tomorrow! Thanks, again, for reading!💋))