"If I say yes, will you stop bugging me?" She finally looks up and makes eye contact with them. There were dark circles under her red eyes; she clearly hasn't slept well or at all.

"Nini, when was the last time you had a good night of rest?" Gina asks.

She lets out a long sigh before answering. "Honestly, I have no idea. I've been sleeping, but it only feels like a few hours. I always wake up from the same nightmare and then can't go back to sleep. You know the one where..." Her voice trails off. The girls in front of her nod knowingly, remembering the first time she had that dream.

*Flashback*
"Ricky!!" Nini bolted upright in her bed. She looked around to see she was in her bedroom. She was sweating and panting heavily.

"Nini? What happened?" Kourtney groaned, turning over to face her. Kourtney was sleeping in Nini's bed with her while Ashlyn and Gina were on a mattress on the floor.

"I- I had a nightmare. I saw Ricky and..." She didn't have the heart to finish.

"Nini," Kourtney says, giving her a sympathetic look. Ashlyn and Gina were now awake, sitting at the foot of the bed. "He's-"

"I know; I know," Nini mumbled, already having an idea of what she was going to say. She sobbed quietly on her friend's shoulder as the minutes ticked by.
*End of Flashback*

"Fine, what are we doing?" The three girls blink and stare at her for a second in shock, surprised she said yes.

"I asked the others if they were up for bowling. It's a yes; we just needed to get you on board," Gina says.

"Ok, give me a second," Nini says, standing up. She goes into Ricky's closet and grabs one of his t-shirts. She changes out of the hoodie she was wearing, which was his, and puts the shirt on. This obviously didn't go unnoticed by her best friends, but she agreed to leave his room, so they didn't question it.

Nini's wardrobe was 90% of Ricky's clothes, and she had a few of his things in her closet, but she wasn't spending much time there recently, so for the most part, his room still had most of his belongings.

"You ready?" Ashlyn asks, eager to leave.

"Yup," Nini answers. The four of them begin walking down the stairs, Nini in front; they wanted to make sure she enjoyed herself for a little while.

 The four of them begin walking down the stairs, Nini in front; they wanted to make sure she enjoyed herself for a little while

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Common Sense • drivers licenseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें