Chapter 31

2 days ago, at 8 pm, in a bar.

Mia went for a drink after her shift. She walked in the bar and found a seat next to one of the window. She ordered a glass of Margarita and just after she took a sip out of the glass, a voice from the bar broke her little moment.

'Hey, why don't you come with me.' A big guy who covered in tattoo tried to force a girl to leave with him. 'It will be fun.' 

'Really?' The girl was drunk and didn't sense the danger that was coming her way. She kept on giggling but tried to push the big guy away because he was grabbing her arm so tight. 'It's hurt!'.  The girl struggled and kicked the guy on his stomach. 

'Ouch, you bitch.' The big guy felt the pain and let her go. 'Now, you have pissed me off and it won't be an easy night for you.' 

Mia saw them ready to take the girl by force, so she walked to her and pulled her back. 

'There you are, we were looking for you everywhere.' Mia said to the girl, then she turned to the big guy. 'Sorry, my boyfriend and I were looking for her, he just went outside and took a phone call, he is a detective by the way.' 

Mia's smile looked harmless but the big guy heard the word 'detective', he turned away instantly. 

'Hey miss,  are you ok?' Mia turned back to the girl and asked. Then she finally noticed what the girl look like. 

The girl has blonde hair with big blue eyes. She was wearing a black dress with strappy heels. 

Mia thought that she looked familiar like she saw her somewhere before.

'You look pretty.' The girl was so drunk that she can't think straight. 

Mia shook her head and found the girl's bag under the chair. She searched for her ID to see if she can find an address, but Mia couldn't find anything. The only thing that had some information in it was a name tag, which out the Mia surprised, it belongs to Chicago med and the name on it was Dr Kat Giselle, Neonatal surgery. 

Without knowing that where Kat lives, Mia decided to bring Kat back to her house. 

Mia's house

Mia helped Kat move to the couch and went to get her glass water. 

After throwing up a couple of time on and the cold wind blowing her head, Kat finally sober up a bit. 

'Thank you.' Kat took the glass of water off Mia's hand. 

'So, what makes a girl drinks like that?' Mia asked. 'Boyfriend.' 

'Yes and no.' Kat answered. 'Ex-girlfriend.' 

'How so?' Mia raised her eyebrow, she was surprised that she is lesbian. 

Kat told Mia about what happened when she went back to South Africa to attend her cousin wedding. Long story short, Kat's ex-boyfriend who is a friend of her cousin, show up at the wedding. It was fine if was just only him because they broke up in peace when Kat finally realised her sexuality. However, he brought Kat's ex-girlfriend as his date. 

'That's awkward.' Mia commented. 

'Tell me about it.' Kat said. 'And we had an ugly broke up, I meant with her.' 

'I think I understand why you drink like that.' Mia smile. 

'Thank you for taking me in, even that we don't know each other.' Kat nodded at her. 

'Well, I can't leave a pretty girl like you all alone at that bar.' Mia looked at her. 'But you do owe me a drink. I did leave my Margarita there though.' 

'I can use a drink right now.' Kat said. 'Does that make it up?' 

'I have a bottle a tequila.' Mia stood up and went to her cabinet. She took the bottle of tequila out. 'I just moved here, so I don't any glasses.' 

'Just straight out of the bottle.' Kat suggested. 

Therefore, Kat and Mia drank out of the same bottle, the two girls talked about their life. And they both were quite tipsy when they hit the bottom of the bottle. 

'You are so pretty.' Kat said touching Mia's face. 

'What, are you into it?' Mia grabbed Kat's hand. 

'I thought you have a boyfriend?' Kat giggled. 

'Just to scare that guy out.' Mia smiled. 'I am more interested... in you.' 

Mia ran her finger across Kat's lip and couldn't help herself but kissed them. Kat was in shock for a second, so she pulled back but their faces were still close to each other. Then the next second, their faces moved even closer and their lips touched each other. From a slow and gentle kiss to a passionate and heated up kiss. 

The night just became more interesting, clothes were all over the floor from the lounge room to Mia's bedroom. The moon hid behind the cloud and shy from what is happening in the room. 

The next morning 

Kat woke up with a killer headache. The first thing she saw was a strange face with beautiful red hair. Kat's head was pounding and just when she wanted to get out of bed, she realised that the girl wrapped her arms on Kat's waist as well as the fact the both of them was naked.

Mia felt some movement and started to stir a bit. However, Kat didn't want to wake her up, so she waited for her to settle first and lucky for Kat, Mia moved her arm and turned to face the other side. 

So Kat sneaked off the bed quietly and found her clothes on the floor. Kat got dressed and started to look for her bag. After she found her bag, she was ready to leave but Kat couldn't help herself to leave Mia a note. She found herself a pen and a piece of paper. 

Thank you... Kat wrote and she wanted to add Mia's name, but she could not remember what's her name is. Just when she was thinking about it, she heard a noise from the bedroom so she ran to the door and got out. 

Mia, on the other hand, woke up because she heard the noise that Kat made when she was outside, then when Kat rushed out the door and closed the door, woke Mia up completely. Mia walked to the living room with the blanket around her and found the note that was left on the couch. Mia smiled first but sighed right after because she knew that Kat didn't remember her name. 

Hey everyone! I know this chapter may be irrelevant to the other ones, but I want to add more than just Ava and Connor. Kat and Mia are both my original characters and I love them just as much.