Chapter 34 - Keep Your Friends Close

Comincia dall'inizio

"Say it"

Dean's words pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at him and he was looking at me concernedly. "What?"

"Your face. You look like you want to say something," Dean said. "What is it?"

Before I could open my mouth, Claire walked into the living room with a bowl of chips in her hands. "Don't leave me out of the conversation, geez. I was getting us some snacks. It's hard to find snacks in this house because her mom hides all the snacks, but thankfully, I'm good at hide and seek."

"Your mom still do that?" Dean asked and laughed. "Remember when we were caught eating those chocolate bars?"

"I don't even want to remember," Claire said. "It still gives me goosebumps."

"So now, what did you want to say to me?" Dean asked and looked over to me.

"Uh," I looked down trying to avoid eye contacts. "I just wanted to know why did you move to Arizona all of the sudden? I mean, I'm just curious but if you don't want to answer, it's okay. I'm not trying to pry-"

"My parents got a divorce," Dean answered. "After that I started living with my mother and moved to Arizona. She got diagnosed with lung cancer while we were living there, remember when I told you that?"

I nodded.

"She passed away just recently," Dean revealed and my heart sank. "I moved back here because my mom wanted to be transferred to a hospital here since most of her family are here, and you know, my older brother is here too."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Claire asked. Her eyes were filled with tears. "You should've-" She couldn't finish that sentence before she bursted into tears.

I stayed quiet.

"I wanted to but I saw you two were happy with your friends," Dean said. "I just couldn't bring myself to tell you. If I tell you, that'd be like forcing you to move backwards when you two are already moving forwards. I'm sorry."

Dean. He had it worse than me. He lost his best friend and not long after that, his family was ruined and he lost his mother. How dare I cried in front of him saying he was a coward for running away? I am such a terrible person. If only I could take back those spiteful words I said to him.

"Why are you apologizing?" Claire shouted and slapped his forearm. "It's not your fault!"

"I'm sorry..." I said and let out the tears I've been holding. "I knew nothing about your struggles yet I...I'm sorry."

"I didn't tell you this to make you cry," Dean said and sighed. "Geez, why are you two crying? Stop crying," Dean laughed softly and patted my head and I could see him also patting Claire's head.

"I'm sorry too," Claire said. "I'm sorry. It must've been hard. We're here for you now."

"I know," Dean said and smiled. "Now, didn't we come here to do something?"

We all laughed. After that, we started working on the task given by Mrs. Brown. It was hard to focus on the task though, because we were busy catching up and reminiscing our old memories. "It would've been great if Elliot was here too," Dean said.

"Yeah..."

"I miss him..."

"Parker?"

A voice interrupted our conversation and immediately we turned our heads towards the source of the voice. My brother was standing on the enterance with a huge smiled plestered on his face. "Seb!" Dean shouted and practically jumped from his position to give Sebastian a hug.

"How tall are you now? Geez, don't get taller anymore!" Seb said and ruffled Dean's hair. "Now if you'll let go of me."

"Ah right!" Dean said and laughed.

Dean is very fond of Sebastian ever since we were little. His older brother was cold and distant and almost never played with Dean which was why Sebastian was like an older brother he wished he had. Though Sebastian isn't great at expressing his affection, I knew that he loved Dean like a brother.

"I don't think we're going to finish the task today," Claire said. "It's like a dog is reunited with its master."

Hello lovelies! I am back with another chapter! I hope you like how the story goes so far

Hello lovelies! I am back with another chapter! I hope you like how the story goes so far. It's going to progress slowly so I hope you'll stay interested because the story isn't going to end soon :)

Anyway, HOW DID THIS STORY REACHED #1 ON  TEEN FICTION?! I WAS SHOCKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOWING INTEREST IN THIS STORY! I will try to update more in the future. XO