Moving On

Moving on works differently for every individual.

Some might take just a few weeks, some might take months, while others might even take years.

Whether it takes years, months, or even just weeks, the progress of how fast a person moves on does not necessarily have anything to do with how much they used to love their ex-lover. 

People normalize over the fact that you can only move on at a certain time after your last breakup. They have the misconception and mindset that when someone takes a shorter duration to move on and find someone new right after their last breakup, people assume that that third party had been there all along. Just because when someone moved on quicker than others do, it does not justify the amount of love that they had for their ex-lover. 

When someone chooses to move on quicker than others do, it does not necessarily have to mean that they don't value their ex-lover as much, nor it does not necessarily have to mean that they had never once loved you as much as you loved them. 

When someone chooses to move on quicker than others do, maybe it might mean that they have finally realized their self-worth. That holding on to something that was no longer there would only lead to long term sufferings. That it would just hurt them more and more in the long run. When someone chooses to move on quicker than others do, maybe it might mean that they realized that they deserved someone much better than their last one. 

Being able to move on proves you are capable of getting back up on your feet, and to be free from whatever that was once hurting you. Being able to move on proves you are more than what they said you were. 

To be able to finally move on proves that you know you too, deserve to be happy. That you deserve to be treated well too. 

You see, moving on works differently for every individual. There's simply no comparison that has to be made.