Cinder activates her Maiden power again and holds out a small flame in her right hand, grinning evilly.

Raven: Vernal!

Vernal steps out of Raven's tent and walks up next to her.

Cinder: So, this is the long lost Spring Maiden. Prove it.

Raven and Vernal share a glance with each other, with Raven nodding. Vernal sighs and closes her eyes. She holds her hands out and suddenly, the wind starts to pick up gradually. The blue sky turns to gray as clouds cover it. Leaves blow in the wind. Watts, Mercury and Emerald cover their faces as thunder is heard, while Cinder smiles in amazement as she watches the Spring Maiden unleash her power. Vernal then lowers her hands and opens her eyes as her powers settle.

Raven: Vernal has done well under my guidance. I'd take that into consideration before you try anything.

Watts and Mercury brush themselves off as Cinder speaks.

Cinder: Raven, I won't underestimate you, so please don't insult my intelligence. There is a slim chance you and your Maiden could escape today, but if you know our master as well as you claim to, then you know you could never truly escape her. But we come bearing an olive branch.

Watts: (walking up to Raven) The Maidens are merely a means to an end. Salem's true desires are the Relics locked inside the Huntsman Academies. Come with us. Allow Vernal here to unlock the Relic of Knowledge, and all previous acts of defiance against Salem will be forgiven. (whispering up to Raven's face) It's the best deal either of you are going to get.

Watts walks away from them to rejoin his group.

Raven: You talk as if walking straight into Haven will be easy.

Cinder: That's because it will be. Headmaster Lionheart is loyal to Salem. And now, all we need is the key to the vault. (pause) You're not the only one to turn your back against Oz, Raven.

Raven: (gripping the hilt of her sword) I'm not helping Salem, I'm not helping Oz! I don't want a part in any of this!

Cinder: That ship sailed when you chose to harbor a Maiden. But if you come with us to Haven, we'll leave you, your tribe, and your little secret to live out the rest of your lives squabbling in the wilderness. We just... need... the Relic.

Raven: I need time to think this over.

Watts: You don't have time. In two days, Haven Academy will be destroyed by the White Fang. You're going to choose now.

Raven: Backed me into a corner, huh?

Cinder: So, are you with us, or against us?

After a tense moment, Raven removes her grip from her hilt and takes her mask off.

Raven: Agreements like these are built on trust. And forgive me for saying, but I don't trust a single one of you. You're going to need to give me more.

Watts: You are in a poor position to negotiate.

Raven: I want my brother dead.

Cinder: Qrow?

Raven: That's right. He knows I have Spring. And if I help you get your Relic, he's going to become a problem. I have enough problems to deal with. Qrow doesn't trust me, but he does trust Ozpin's other lieutenants. If Leo really is loyal to you, then you can order him to invite Qrow into an ambush. He arrives at Haven, we take him down, you get your Relic, and we all leave happy.