Chapter Ten

A / N :

Sorry but y'all dont get a storyline song this chapter you just get some vibes cause I couldn't think of anything cause nothing really happens in this chapter.

E N D O F A / N

I awoke the next morning and immediately got to packing my stuff. I hurriedly put everything away in my suitcase, leaving my allergy pills, a small notepad, a sketchbook, the lockpicking set, and my pencil case in my messenger bag. Once I was done with that, I changed into the beige dress I had left out and ran to the bathroom to finish getting ready. I put my hair into a low ponytail, brushed my teeth, and ran downstairs to get breakfast.

Jacquline wasn't there this morning, she had just left breakfast on the counter with a note.

Good morning y/n. I've gone to make sure everything's okay at the bank since I haven't been at work for a bit. I'll be back in a few hours.

I put the note back and ate my breakfast before going up to the library.

T I M E S K I P

I was in the car drawing while Jacqueline was making a call on the payphone. I looked up to the booth to see her in the booth with a troubled look on her face. She hung up the phone and walked back to the car in a frustrated manner.

¨Peru's been compromised. You will be going with the Baudelaires to their next guardian, Josephine Annwhistle,¨ she explained.

I nodded as we drove outside of the city to Dr. Montgomery's home as she filled me in on what had happened.

We stopped about half a block away from the house and Jacqueline stopped the car and told me to get out and walk the rest of the way. I got out as she went to the trunk and started grabbing things.

"It'll be the first driveway on your left," she told me.

"What are you getting?" I inquired.

She looked up at me and smiled. "Maybe I'll be able to tell you someday. For now, we don't have much time. Now go, Mr. Poe will take you."

I nodded and grabbed my bags before going down the street and going to the first house on the left. The driveway was lined with shrubs cut into the shapes of snakes. There was a crashed van with one of the shrubs tipped over onto it. There was also a coroner van.

I waited outside the door and saw some people beginning to bring out cages of various reptiles.

"Do you need some help?" I asked one of them when they were done bringing one of the cages to the van.

"That'd be great, thank you very much," they replied.

I set my suitcase down on one of the marble steps and went in. I went into the room where everyone was taking the cages from and grabbed one. There were several small, white snakes. They came up to the glass that was against my chest and nuzzled it. I smiled.

I kept taking cages to the van until I saw the Baudelaires coming out of a maze that seemed to also be made of shrubs. I immediately ran to them and they did the same to me.

We shared a group hug before Klaus asked, ¨What are you doing here?¨

¨I'm supposed to go with you guys to your next guardian,¨ I responded.

I noticed Sunny staring at my arms and remembered I had my compression gloves on. ¨These are for my carpal tunnel,¨ I explained to her.

¨You have carpal tunnel?¨ asked Violet.

¨The doctor says it's very mild, I'm just making sure it doesn't get any worse,¨ I reassured her. ¨So what happened with Olaf?¨

"How'd you know?" Klaus asked.

"I was there last night at the movies, I would recognize him in or out of disguise."

"Oh, well, I'm sure you heard about Monty, but Olaf just ran into the maze, we don't know what happened to him after that because we didn't find him."

I nodded and went to grab my suitcase off the steps. The Baudelaires followed me and Mr. Poe stepped out of the house.

"Well, children, are you ready to leave?" he said.

I heard the Baudelaires say yes from behind me. With that, we left. The Baudelaires got in the back and I got in the passenger seat before we headed off.

"So, y/n, I'll explain everything to you, the Baudelaires already know what we're going to do, but you four will be staying at my house for tonight, and we'll head off tomorrow morning. Sound good?" said Poe.

I simply nodded.