epilogue

There was wreckage everywhere. Daenerys Targaryen had become the one thing she promised to never be, a copy of her father. She had one dragon left, and she was doing more destruction with the one she had left than she had done with all three. The stench of burning flesh was in the air, so strong that it made the living sick.

   Arya ran with a mother and a daughter and let Sandor Clegane fight his own battle without going out and purposely searching for hers with a woman who would probably not even remember her face. The mother and daughter had died, and there Arya herself lay, under dirt and rubble and ash.

  She pulled herself out after what seemed like hours and walked, just walked with her own limp now, her body hurting just like her heart did. Blood on the side of her face, sticking to her hair. But the pain from her wounds was nothing like the pain of Jon not listening to either her or Sansa when they specifically told him that the Targaryen girl was bad news. She never trusted Daenerys, but she had trusted Jon's judgment. Should she find the girl and kill her herself, or should she wait for karma to get her? Irene would have been able to tell her what to do, she knew it.

   She shook her head at the thought of Irene Tyrell. Not now. She walked and walked, the beating wings of the dragon overhead gone and most people lying dead. Smoke clogged her lungs as her legs moved on their own accord, leading her to something that had her stopping in her tracks.

  A white horse. Beautiful, but touched by dirt and smoke and ash just like she was. It had a saddle. The horse looked as if it had been dropped from the most elite part of heaven, it was so beautiful to her in that moment. Arya took a step towards it, waiting for it to lurch back at her haggard appearance. Instead, it was there, still and tame, and she touched it with her fingers. She pet the horse for a few seconds, just a few, until she realized.

Irene Tyrell had found something.

*********

this has to be the shortest epilogue at like 300 words. but do you know what?? i truly feel like i did justice to this story, and i hope you all think so as well. you guys have been the BEST sticking with this through all the terrible update patterns, all the procrastination, typos, all of it. this story is very short, yet i still made some of y'all wait like 9 months for a finale. well, this is it. i really love you guys so. so. so. much for reading this, commenting, supporting me through it all. you guys have been my favorite audience and this has been my favorite fanfiction i've done, EVER. like, even between my drafts. i don't think i'm done dabbling in the world of thrones, but don't take my word for it!
you guys are literally sent from above. i love you all. there are no words to say how much i appreciate y'all for coming on this journey. if you ever want to stay in touch, my insta and snap are in my bio!! if not that, my private messages are ALWAYS open. thank you guys for helping this story come to life.