Julia Lynn Rock

Dear Julia,

Life has been so hard, a lot has had happened since you've been gone. Mom and Dad got a divorce a year after you passed. Mom couldn't get over it, she was stuck. Dad had moved on, filing the divorce papers as soon as possible. I live with dad now, because you know how mom can be. I love her but its hard to live with her. 

      I still have the necklace, I never take it off. I also still have your song book, your songs are amazing. I started to write songs of my own and I just wish you were here to read them. Dad misses you a lot, we all do. Especially on your birthday and the anniversary of your death, we watch videos of you, playing your piano,  guitar, writing songs, and playing sports. 

     Julia, I don't know what I'm going to do, dad has a girlfriend; her name is Annie, she has two kids Erica and Marianna, they're our age. I don't want any new sisters nor a new mom, I hardly can deal with the mom we have now. Not to mention we're leaving Michigan so we can be a '''big happy family'' and combine two households  in California. I guess it was dad's idea,  of this whole bonding and hanging out with the girls I feel he's trying to replacing what we had. 

     When a love one dies, it sucks J,  I miss you. I wish you never had gotten sick. I treasure the silver heart shaped necklace that has Julia on mine and my name on the back of yours.  I can't help but to look through the family albums. It's the only way I could remember your smile. Today I saw a picture that make memories start rushing into my brain. It was of you and I. Your curly, thick, long brown hair in two French braids and my hair frizzy, thick, curls in a ponytail. Since we're twins, our hair styles was the only was people could tell us apart. I'm  beginning to develop an interest in playing volleyball, soccer, and cheerleading because it made everything easier, it made me feel closer to you.

Love Always, Hope Edwards Rock xoxo