i

Maria Holland was used to not having enough room on her bed to sleep, and this morning was no different, although Jennifer who goes by Jenni complained, she always found herself in Maria's bed at night, of course, Shannon got as close as she could...

Maria Holland was used to not having enough room on her bed to sleep, and this morning was no different, although Jennifer who goes by Jenni complained, she always found herself in Maria's bed at night, of course, Shannon got as close as she could to her mother Maria, Shannon was the only one Maria adopted, she's trying to adopt Jennifer and Gabe, but it was a long process.

Maria raised her head the best she could with a child on her chest having her arm also penned down by Gabe, she glanced at the time, it blinks 5:50 am, Maria groaned slamming her back on the pillow, Maria was too wide awake to go back to sleep and she doesn't trust herself to not wake up one of the kids if she tried to sneak out of the bed.

Maria used her free hand to wipe at her eyes and she grabbed her phone, she squinted at the bright light her phone gave off, she lowered the brightness and that's when she has two unread texts, one from her co-work Kaya and one from an unknown number, the unknown number text said I'm coming for you, Maria just deleted it thinking that it was a disgruntled family member of an old CPS case she had, she's heard all the threats in the book, it doesn't phase her anymore.

She clicked on the one from her co-work Kaya which read, new case, a child at Midtown General, be there at 8 am sharp. Maria chuckled slightly at the sharp part, if anyone knew Kaya they would know that she is a sucker for being on time.

Maria realized her arm that Gabe was laying on was beginning to go numb so she thought it was time to try to get up without waking the kids.

She went slow, when she was finally free she replaced Shannon's with a pillow that was on the floor, Shannon latched on to it in her sleep. Maria let out a sigh of relief, she grabbed her phone and her clothes for the day and went to the shower.

As she let the water run over her body she knew she was going to have to get some coffee, as much as Maria drinks coffee she doesn't like making her own preferring to have Dunkin's coffee instead of making it herself.

When Maria got out of the shower she checked the time, 6 am on the dot, perfect Maria muttered.

She dried her body and put her robe on, making sure her bathroom door was closed she began blow-drying her hair, deciding to go with a low ponytail, she pulls out strands to frame her face, she looks in on the kids who are still sleeping she begins to get dressed, once she got dressed she had to wake up the kids and she wasn't ready for that, being a normal teenager Jenni was the hardest of the kids to wake up, Shannon being to easiest to get up.

The last thing she does is spray a light perfume, she turns the light off and goes back into her room, she starts by waking Shannon.

"Sweetheart, get up." Like usual Shannon has a smile on her face, she hugs Maria.

"Morning Mommy." Shannon beams showing off her two missing teeth.

"Hi darling, go on to the kitchen, I got to get your siblings up." Maria kisses Shannon on the head and helps her down from the bed.

Getting Gabe up was easy, but now she had to wake up Jenni.

"Jenni, wake up, you have school." Maria watches as Jenni groans but opens her eyes.

"I don't wanna be up." Jenni rubs her eyes sleepily.

"Neither do I." Maria jokes but helps Jenni up.

Maria walks downstairs knowing Jenni was going to be getting dressed and Gabe was doing the same.

"Shannon, why don't you get dressed, Jenni, should help you if you need it," Maria suggests to Shannon who nods and goes to get dressed.

Deciding to get breakfast for the kids on the way she started to pack the lunches.

Making sure everything was lined up and perfect she sighed as she waited for the kids to come down.

||

Maria sat in the parking lot of Midtown General sipping on her coffee, sighing as the warmth hit her tongue.

Even Maria was at the hospital for a case she was excited to see her friends that happened to work here, she especially enjoyed teasing Levi Chaudhari about his relationship with James Barnes, who Levi most definitely loved to rub in her face because she was so painfully single.

Maria got out of her car, tossing the cup in the trash can she walked into the hospital, straight away she saw Isaac James laughing with his husband Ryan James.

"Hello, lovebirds." Maria greeted the married couple.

"Hi, Mama Holland, here for a case?" Maria groaned at the nickname, she got it because she was the mother figure in the friend group, even to Kaya, always scolding her when her threats went too far and got her injured by a disgruntled parent not getting there child back.

"I am, Kaya told me to come to the hospital so, here I am." Maria chuckles.

"Hey! Maria, over here!" Maria hears a voice from behind her, she turns around and sees Kaya who's holding some files.

"Duty calls." Maria shakes her head as the boys laugh, they're more immature than their daughter.

"Hi, what do we have?" Maria holds her hand out for Kaya to give the file to her so she can look it over.

"Young parents left a baby in the car, the baby is fine just needed some water, we got to decide if the parents get to the baby or not." Kaya rolls her eyes as she hands the file over.

Maria sighs and starts flipping through the file, they get so many cases like these it's awful.

"Let's go see the baby." Maria opens the door and lets Kaya go first, Maria huffs and walks in.

" Maria opens the door and lets Kaya go first, Maria huffs and walks in