CHAPTER 1

E Z R A

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

THE HAMPTONS - TRANSVIOLET

" It's not her fault and you know
Her dad's a creep, he's a nightmare
He started hooking up with her friend from high school
Don't think she's all there, she's damaged
She's a handful, a catastrophe.
She said she'd die before she'd go back to that hell hole
In the Hamptons "

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

3 YEARS LATER

She took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of boat fuel and cigarettes, a smell she never thought she'd come across again. The smell of The Cut. This day was a long time coming, though she knew she definitely wouldn't be welcome back with open arms. Not after leaving like that. Ezra wasn't planning on going out of her way to let anyone know that she was back on the Island , not until she found a job and some stability after the shit show the past three years had been, it would be less stressful that way. She knew it was a small place, but she also knew that no one would be looking for her.

Before she even took her sack of belongings to her old home, she wandered around the village looking for places hiring, and despite the rich always needing people to work for them, the only place hiring was some restaurant called The Wreck. Ezra walked towards the bar/ serving area and up to a girl that looked her age, or slightly younger. She had a pogue vibe going on, which relaxed Ezra almost immediately.

"Ahem, uh, Hi," she awkwardly cleared her throat.

"We're closed right now, come back in a few hours." The girl replied without looking up. The girl seemed to reply politely, but there was irritation behind her words.

"Oh, sorry, but I'm not here to eat, I'm here for the job?"

The girl looked up and saw Ezra who was oblivious to her eyes widening slightly out of realisation. Ezra looked familiar to her, but she couldn't place it.

"Sorry, usually we get drunks trying to get free scraps. My names Kiara." She said, squinting slightly at Ezra.

"Right...about that job?" She replied, slightly weirded out by the squinting. Kiara immediately told her that she would speak to her dad, and get back to her in a minute.

While Ezra stood around waiting she noticed a corkboard with photos and polaroids. Some were of who she assumed were the family that owned this place, others of people eating and dancing. A smile was ghosting her face until she saw the last row of photos. It was Kiara with John b, Pope and JJ. Her heart was doing backflips, she had thought 15 year old JJ was hot, but now he had grown into his body and gotten taller, and tan.

"Damn," she said allowed. Then she realised that Kiara was obviously good freinds with them, and it made something inside her pang. Jelousy wasnt a good look on anyone. The girl returned with a smile on her face and told Ezra that she could start tommorow.

Ezra let out a sigh as she unlocked the door of a house she hadn't seen in three years. It looked no different to when she left, apart from the layer of dust that covered all of the surfaces

"Fuck," she sighed out, and began to unpack.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

"And if a Kook starts any trouble with you, come and get me, and I'll sort it out." Mr Carrera explained. Ezra nodded and put on her apron.

"Thank you Sir, I'll get started right away." He nodded and walked away

She approached the nearest table and asked for their order, then brought it out and asked of there was anything asked if they wanted. She did this on a loop for the next 6 hours until Kiara floated into the small restaurant.

"Hi! Ezra, right?" The girl asked with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, Your Kiara?" Ezra replied.

"Mhm."

"Well... this was nice, but my shifts over, and I'm gonna head out." She said, trying to ease herself out of the situation, not ready for Kiara to recognise her and tell JJ or John B.

"Uh, wait. A couple of my friends are throwing a kegger at The Boneyard, if you want to swing by."

"Thanks I'll see if I can make it," she said with a curt nod.

"Oh, your new around here right, The Boneyard-"

"Aha, sorry, I am new but I used to live here a while ago, I live pretty close by." Ezra said her thanks and left.

She sighed, a thing she seemed to find herself doing a lot lately. She picked up a bracelet that was sitting at the bottom of her bag.

*2 YEARS AGO*

"I'm back" Ezra yells through the house. She was supposed to meet up with Lucy, a friend she'd made, to see a movie, but she never showed so she just watched it alone.

"Hello!" She called through the house again. It was unusual that there was no one home, as there was constantly someone breathing down her neck making sure she didn't run away. Ezra heard noises coming from the other room, noises that suspiciously sounded like someone having sex.

When she opened the door, against her gut telling her she didn't want to see what was on the other side of the door, she felt nothing but a burning feeling of anger coursing through her veins. She didn't know whether to be more disturbed by the fact that she caught her married father fucking someone else, or that the 'someone else' was her 17 year old friend.

"I don't even know what to say," Ezra laughed, she couldn't say that she was surprised, ever since she knew the man, he seemed like a creep, but it felt like the world didn't think that she was broken enough. She pulled the friendship bracelet that her and Lucy had made for each other of with a harsh tug, and flung it at Lucy's head, and left before they could get a word in edgeways.

She tossed the bracelet to the side. Suddenly she found herself wanting to be drunk to the point of no memory. She grabbed a cami-top and put on a pair of shorts.

It was time to make her big entrance.