~Jack's POV~
"Hey Alex! How was your dinner? Also, can you meet me at the downtown pizza place tomorrow at 8 pm?" I try to say casually over the phone.
"It sucked major *insert male private part here*! And 8pm? Sounds good. Wanna come over?" He says happily. Hell yeah I would. But I have to practice, like a loooot.
"I- sorry I can't. I have to work a double shift today." I try to make my lie believeable. I feel bad, but it's for a good cause.
"Awwh okay. Seeya tomorrow! Love you." Alex says. "Oh-Wait, sorry I didnt mean to say that im just used to being on the phone with my mom and-"
"Love you too Lex." I laugh and hang up. I know he thinks it's in a brotherly way. But it's way more than that.
"Ready to rock!" I say to Anna. She takes off her headphones.
"What?"

~Anna's POV~
Once I write the melody we practice until it's 9pm. We perform in less than 24 hours. I yawn.
"Let's play through one more time." Jack says and I nod.
I sing the verses with Jack harmonizing. He strums every chord perfectly. I have to admit, we sound pretty good. Jack claps and i join him. Im not dreading tomorrow as much as I'd thought I'd be.

In the Downtown Pizza Place at 7:30 pm the next day

The owners are so cool here. Apparently, they let bands or singers perform here every Saturday night. Maybe that's why I see a photo of Fall Out Boy hanging on the wall. Anthony sees my staring at the picture.
"Hey, aren't you Pete's girlfriend?" He asks in a friendly way. If only he knew.
"Well.. It's complicated." I reply with a sad smile.
"Oh, sorry to hear that. If he did anything wrong, know that he's a good kid at heart." Anthony smiles and walks off to greet some customers. I have fixed feeling about that statement. I mean, of course Pete's a good guy. But then again, is he really? Most people say if someone cheats in a relationship, you should never go back to them or trust them ever again. Personally, Im still working it out in my head.
"Anna, we're set up and ready to go!" Jack grins at me. He looks great. Black skinny jeans, purple v neck, white high tops. I know Alex is going to love this.
"Great!" I smile. "Let's warm up."
We take requests from happy customers in the restaurant, enjoying their pizza and other Italian foods. We end up playing The Middle by Jimmy Eat World, Miss Murdr by AFI, and a bunch of other cool songs. Jack on guitar and back up vocals, and I singing. I glance at the clock to the left of the little stage. 7:59.
"Jack, Alex should be here any second." I say to Jack. He looks both nervous and overjoyed at that. The entrance door opens, and I half expect it to be like a movie, with Alex running towards Jack in slow motion and Jack embracing Alex and spinning him around in a field of daisies. But oh, how wrong I am. Pete. Our of all the people, of course it's him. Isn't he supposed to be on tour? What's going on? My breathing gets heavy and I leap off the stage and into the additional seating room which is thankfully empty. Seconds later, Jack's hand is on my shoulder.
"That's Pete, isn't it?" He says even though he knows the answer.
"Yeah." I say in a small voice.
"I thought he was on tour?" Jack seems confused.
"Join the club." I shrug.
"Only if I can be the leader." Jack smirks.
"Deal. Now what am I going to do?" I ask, out of ideas.
"Im not gonna make you sing if you don't want to, that guy kinda seems like a dick." Jack shrugs. For some reason, that I get defensive when he says that.
"No he.." I start to defend Pete and then realize what im doing. "Im still gonna sing. I just.. Won't make eye contact."
"I knew it. Also, nice plan there bucko. Just completly ignore him, it'll bother the shit outta him." Jack laughs.
"You knew what?" I ask.
"Well uh... You want the truth?" He asks, teasing me now.
"Real funny." I say sarcastically, by end up laughing anyways.
"It's kinda obvious that-" Jack starts by is interrupted by Anthony.
"Jack, someone is looking for you." Anthony calls from the other room.
"Be right there!" Jack calls. We hurry out onto the stage to see an eager looking Alex sitting at a table by himself. He looks shocked and then overjoyed once he sees us up on stage.
"Jack! Anna!" He calls from his seat.
"Alex!" We both say into our mics at the same time.
"Jinx, double jinx-" We say in sync again.
"Just play already!" A man shouts from the corner of the room.
"Aye aye captain!" Jack says. "This ones called A Daydream Away, written by this girl," He points to me. "And I. Hope you like it. Oh yeah, it's dedicated to you, Alex." Jack smirks at Alex and then plays the intro.

"I wish you could see your face right now
'Cause you're grinning like a fool
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon..." I sing, at first kind of quiet, but my confidence growing with each note. I look back at Jack for a second and he grins at me and strums away. Alex looks like he's about to cry from happiness, and I have to say it's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. But my eyes keep wanting to go to the table where Pete is sitting alone. I manage to not look at him for most of the song, but during the final verse I can't help but take a glance.
"We never stood a chance out there
Shooting love in real-time
So we'll take it over ice tonight
With a little salt
(A/N: she craves that mineral)
And a little lime..." I sing as I make direct eye contact. I feel calm and powerful as I hit the notes, and Pete bites his lip. We finish the song and Alex runs up and hugs Jack tightly.
"Thank you, everyone!" I say into the mic and make my way out of the restaurant before Pete gets the chance to talk to me. I know Jack will understand, and I'd text him later for sure. But for now, I needed to get home.

~Pete's POV~
I walk into the pizza place as I've done so many times on a Friday night, except this time what I see confuses me like you wouldn't believe. What is Anna doing here? Since I know she sees me, she's probably thinking the same thing. Well, the New York part of our tour got postponed due to heavy snow, so we have a weeks break to spend back at home. When I look back at her, she's gone. I sigh and Anthony seats me at my usual table, which has a perfect view of the mini stage.
"You miss her." Anthony told me more than asked me.
"Yeah.." I whisper.
"Well than win her back." He says, as if it simple.
"Thanks, but what I've done isn't simply forgiven." I smile sadly at him. He shrugs. "True love always wins, in the end." (A/N: Linkin Park references are v strong rn.) The door opens and Anothony gets up to greet the customer. I swear, even though Anthony is just a waiter/ host, he's pretty much my go to guy if I ever need someone to tell about my problems.
"Alex!" I hear Anna's voice and another's shout into a mic. I turn to the stage and stare at her, ignoring them interacting with a boy sitting alone.
She's wearing dark jeans, black converse, and a mint green long sleeve shirt. Her hair is completely straight, and she has eyeliner on. No, its not creepy to notice small details like that.
"This one's called A Daydream Away, written by this girl," The boy onstage with her says, pointing to Anna."And I!" Jealousy flows through me. So what, she wrote a song with him? That's nothing compared to what I did. Why do I care so much, then? My thoughts are interupted by a familiar soft voice. Anna sings in harmony with the boy, as he plays guitar. I have to admit, the lyrics are good, and it's obviously a love song. The melody is perfect too. I stare at her throughout the song. She finally looks at me, during a few particularly ironic lines, and then looks away to finish the song. I clap along with everyone. The boy who they were interacting with earlier runs up onstage and hugs the other boy. Okay, now Im even more confused.
"Thank you, everyone!" Anna says into the mic and then sneaks past a crowd of people and out of the door. Oh no you don't. Im not letting you get away this time.