1

Kolkata is a wonderful place. Tons of heritage and so much to express - Kolkata knows how to amuse people. My first ever trip to this city and it was already feeling good. Though, I knew the nights won't be the same for me. My accomodation was placed in 'Swissotel' by my associates. And it was worth staying with wonderful staff members. The first two days were good. I had continuous meetings to attend with the clients. Apparently Mehra Hotels and Chains intended to include the famous Vedic Village under their name. And that's what the deal was about.

                     Kolkata: Aeriel ViewMr Suranjan Das, one of the owners of the said hotel, acted funny

Mr Suranjan Das, one of the owners of the said hotel, acted funny. Often he said to me, "Dont get carried away by the looks. Royal places have royal mysteries. Kolkata is not a place to me mingled with. This city doesn't appear to be bad, but underbelly it is worst..." And he used to say this in creepy, purposefully scary voice and everybody burst out in laughter. But Mr Das never gave up on his this trick. He was the one to show me the location of expands of my hotels and do all the fieldworks with me and my staffs. The man is usually very jolly but at times he seems as if he is not by himself. Someone is driving him. The locals here were superstitious enough to call him possesed. He never failed to be a scary dude. I doubted them. They probably never saw me.

It was the second day of the trip. I was on field with Mr Das and my two other associates Robi and Satya, inspecting area and noting the co-ordinates- you know what the works are. Mr Das suddenly went all pompous. He pointed me to a distant girl standing opposite the field.

"Mr Mehra, that girl you are seeing, I called her." Suranjan said. I narrowed my eyes towards him. The question was obvious. "Sir, she is a history student. A tour guide in the Indian national Museum and also a researcher from the Archaeology department of Kolkata. I thought she would explain you the value of this land much better than anyone else. You can include them in the criterias of your upcoming hotel here." He suggested.

I looked at girl again. She was standing far away, and it was difficult to get a clear look of her. But what I figured out, she was staring at me constantly. I glanced at Robi and then at Mr Das before gesturing the girl to come near. But she kept standing there, didn't make a movement.

"Weird girl." I said under my breath and turned away. I was talking to Satya regarding the complications of the land and its ways, when I felt an ice cold hand on my shoulder. For a moment I froze, the nightmare came dredging up to me and my brathing shook. Satya saw the sudden change in me. But he wasn't able to figure out why. I was unsure to turn back.

"Mr Mehra?" A girl's voice came from behind. And unlike my mare, it was as sweet as honey, clear ringing voice. I exhaled deeply before turning back. And then I saw the girl. Standing right in front of me. She had long, wavy golden brown hair, untied. The brown locks falling over her face, touching her to please her. Her eyes spoke. Round, brown marblic eyes which maybe had dozens of mysteries surpressed in it. And her smile was the most infectious - the most innocent smile I have ever seen. She looked at me directly into my eyes. The white designer saree with golden paar, that she was wearing,made her look like a fallen angel. I didn't know why, but my face went all red and it gave the heat so much so that I had to look away from her.

                       Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel..

"Mr Mehra? Hello. I saw you waving at me from acrross the street. I am sorry I didn't come earlier." She said.

"No problem. I thought you were hesitant to meet me."

"Absolutely not. As Mr Das said, I would be guiding you to the history of this city and this field of course. This location is perfect. The Ghats are very close, the All India radio station, the canon everything is a very short distant from here. And also the historical value here very rich." The girl inhaled sharply and blinked at me twice, smiling. The cheeks were tomato red then. My only thought was to hide that from the girl.

"I will be awaiting your advices, Miss..." I waited for her answer.

"Oh, silly me. I am Shailza. Shailza Mathur. Proffessor in history honors and a researcher in the Archaeological department of Kolkata and a part time tour guide in the museum."

Shailza extended her hand towards me for a formal handshake. As her hand touched mine and weird feeling gushed through my veins. A feeling I never felt before. But some how it felt good.

"Good to meet you Ms. Shailza." I said shakily.