The Not So Distant Future

China, The Not So Distant Future

The X-Jet flew through the dark and desolate landscape of what was once known as China. 50 years ago the humans completed a machine called 'The Sentinels', it's sole purpose is to find and hunt mutants. They started rounding up mutants throughout the world, when mutants did not want them being under the government's custody the Sentinels became more lethal, showing power that can overthrow any mutant it's faced against. Humans that dared to help the mutants was obliterated.

The Sentinels was designed to counter any mutant's mutations, with high Artificial Intelligence able to counterattack any power of mutants it fights, no one could stand a chance against them. The mutants in the X-Mansion was intercepted as well, the children being kidnapped and taken and the adults trying their very hard to protect what is theirs, but they can only fight so much, some even laying down their last breaths for a dead cause.

Now, what's left of the X-Men is scoping through the dead lands of China finding what might be their last hope. Kitty Pryde, a mutant who can pass through walls by altering her own molecules so that she could pass through any solid object, but she came with a stronger power, the power to alter molecules in a subatomic level where she could bring anyone back to the past. And Professor X thinks of this as their last hope. [Y/N] was the last one who saw Kitty, Bobby, Marie and Piotr ran away together. And now they are on their hunt towards them.

An older version of Charles is going through a pocket version of Cerebro inside the jet to see if he could somehow sense Kitty's or Bobby's mind along the landscapes. They were jumping from place to place these past few years, running away from death.

[Y/N] looks through the window and noticed Logan blowing a cigar almost near his face. He coughed a bit. "Can you not?" He shot at the Wolverine. He looked at him amused, "Can I not what? Blow cigar on your face?" Logan loved teasing the kid, well he was not a kid but Logan sure did made fun of his appearance even if his real age is as same as Charles at this point, he still just looked like 21.

He looked at him disbeilivingly and glanced at the cigar, "Can I take a hit?" He asked innocently. Logan smirked, "I don't think your old enough." He teased while handing the lighted cigar, [Y/N] snatched the cigar and glared at Logan while putting it in his mouth inhaling the flavored smoke. It was too strong for his liking, but it was Logan's so he can't complain. After huffing out the smoke he gave it back to Logan who is just ready to finish it. "You're lucky you have regenarative abilities, with the amount of smoke you inhale you should be dead." He said in a matter-of-factly tone, Logan huffed amused by the statement. "Yeah, but I do have regenarative abilities so I don't see myself dying soon." He said smirking teasefully at [Y/N].

Both of them kind of had a weird relationship, they do get along especially in the battle field. And when Logan found out that he was not 21 and that he is practically an old man, and an immortal, he respected him even more. Maybe because he shared the same issue of not being able to grow up like a normal human is supposed to. They were both survivors. But they do love teasing each other to annoy their respective persons.

"Do you ever think we'll die of old age?" [Y/N] asked out of the blue, not as a grim question but rather a curious one. Which made Logan's smirk fade and was now serious. "Honestly kid, I don't see it soon. But I do believe we will, someday. We'll both get our rests, but we should try not dying now so that mutant kind won't." He suggested and tapping [Y/N]'s shoulder. "You know you could stop calling me 'kid', cause I am not a kid." [Y/N] said in a less serious tone, Logan chuckled. "Yeah, like that's going to happen." He smiled at him, and [Y/N] can't help but returning his smile. He felt a strange shine of comfort that him and Logan still finds ways to tease each other even if it is the end of the world. He found a strong friendship with him and he's beyond glad to have found it.