"I'm just amazed those two still haven't realized you're here yet." Tano said confusedly at them, surely, they should have noticed him by now.

Tau decided to head up towards the two hyenas, figuring it was time to make his presence fully aware to them two. "Have you two found me yet?" he asked them, trying to hide a laughter in his tone to make it sound serious.

Chungu and Cheezi both looked over at the one who said that with a disappointment in them, "Not yet." Chungu said, Cheezi agreeing with him before the two returned to the search.

The lion waited a moment for them to process who it was that asked them, Chungu was the one that had the whole thing click as he shot his head over towards the lion with a chuckle being held back, "TAU!" he said racing over to the said lion, followed by Cheezi.

The noise of his name being shouted by Chungu woke up Janja who was walking out of the cave with half shut eyelids, a bedhead of a mane, and wobbling with a few trips against the ledge of the cave's entrance, "What's all the noise?" he yelled out in a sleepy and irritated tone.

Bloodshot eyes moving against the burning sunlight, trying to find the source of the noise in a blur that surrounded his vision. Tau walked over towards his half-dead tired brother and gave him a comforting nudge, "sorry brother-" he whispered to him.

Janja was too tired to process what is going on, struggling to figure out who it was next to him as he led him back into the cave. The light dimming into a darkness felt wonderful, allowing him to now see who it was that was next to him. Seeing the golden lion that he appreciated seeing since he was a pup, "Tau?" he asked not sure if his tiredness was playing a trick on him, if this was just a dream, or if he was with him right this moment.

Whatever was the case, he was grateful to know that he was seeing his brother again. "You should get some rest. Don't worry, I'll always be here for you brother." Tau said guiding the tired hyena back to their sleeping spot.

Janja went ahead and complied to Tau's request, regaining his comfort in his spot as Tau started to rub his mane and hummed a tune. It was a soft and soothing melody, one that the two remembered from their infant days from their mother to help them to sleep.

He returned back to sleep; Tau gently brushed his head against his brother's. He must had been up all night waiting for me to come back. Tau figured seeing that it was later than he would normally sleep till, even without the help from Tau's 'methods'.

This brought both a comforting and depressing feeling to the lion, knowing how much Janja cared for him was something he was happy for, but also hated being the cause of all his worries. It was a paradox to Tau that led him to struggle, thinking that to free his brother from this was if he were no longer around for him to worry about, but it would only lead him to worry more.

"I love you brother, and goodnight." Tau whispered before leaving the hyena to sleep. Silently stepping out as to not further disturb him as he returns to the other four that waited outside for him.

He looked out at the four hyenas who looked questionable at him, Tau giving a sigh at what they had wanted to ask him, "I'll go hunting, be back soon." He said before heading off to where he would hunt for their meals.

Jasiri quickly darted towards Janja's den, a worried look pester across her as she heavily breathes. Though her paw was healed enough to return, it was a slight sting with the pace she was running to make it.

She was under a time limit, one that would decide the fate of three hyenas. How could this have happened? She thought in a panic.

[Earlier]

Jasiri arrived at her den where she came to notice the smell a strong stench of blood, though that had not been a sign of anything to worry about since it could be from their morning hunt. It was what was mixed in the scent that sent a chill down her back, a vile poisonous smell that would make her want to hurl the nothing that occupied her stomach.

Whenever the scent of poison was involved, it would usually mean one of two things. Either they had been visited by Kulua which was a terrible thing but not so bad, the old bobcat was an unpleasant company, but he never did anything that would put harm to her clan. It was the added blood scent that made her own curdled with fear, Kama! The serval had no restraints to her actions, she would kill anyone for even just looking at her if she so felt like it.

Darting at the den at a fast pace, preying that it was just some coincident that there was an added scent of blood with the toxic in the air next to it. Maybe Kulua had visited and her clan had done their hunting and the two scent just mixed.

Even though she prey for the best, the thought of coming in to see a horrible scene of her friends, family, and the others that lived with them were all no longer with her clogged her throat, eyes watering.

Images of seeing her sister having been ripped to shred, Wema and Tunu being dragged across the ground with blood smearing the path they were pulled, or even worser matters that only further to add to the fear.

Quickly darting in to find herself crashing into one of the hyenas that lived there as well, she was a lighter gray, close to white color with black strips, a missing chip of flesh at the edge of her left ear and her bright green eyes. It was Huria.

"What happened Jasiri?" she asked the panicked hyena who had just crashed into her, a worried in her voice.

Seeing someone in the den unharmed brought a small sense of comfort, the two separating and returning to their feet allowing Jasiri to take noticed of the other hyenas around were all looking well and looking at her worryingly for that sudden charge.

The fear was quickly washed away, it probably was the ladder of what happened. Kulua had visited by and his scent got mixed in the air with something her clan had just hunted, "I smelled poison mixed with blood and got worried that Kama might have been here, but it looks like I was wrong." She said feeling a bit nervous about that.

The others looked among themselves looking a bit franticly, that would explain her sudden action, "There is something we need to tell you Jasiri-" Huria said approaching next to her and placing a paw on her shoulder.

The look she had for Jasiri was of anxious and fear, whatever had happened- it was not something to feel relieved about just yet.

It seemed that Kama had attacked Safia's clan last night, I don't know the reason behind it but from it, Kuru along with Luna and Lora were poisoned. We've managed to relieve some of the pain and helped them rest, but without an antidote to cure it- I fear they only have until tonight before succumbing to the poison.

The news of which brought a moment of dread to Jasiri, the thought of Luna and Lora dying by such matter was not something she was happy for, even if they were horrible hyenas. But Kuru, the thought of him dying made it all the more harder on her.

Unless they could get a cure to help remove the toxin, today was going to be their last day. And apparently there was only one place around they could get it in such a short amount of time, the Pridelands.

Author Note:

Welp, looks like things are starting to heat up for our Outlander Couples, now it is their turn to travel to their neighboring land in hope of a cure for the poison.

*Whisper* Let's just hope King Simba doesn't find out who the cure is for... *Snicker*

Next chapter will be the two visiting into the Prideland together, wonder what kind of adventures they will experience together and what not! I'll start working on the next chapter right away to hopefully have it out tomorrow, and the fourth one out the day after tomorrow. (Don't ask why, I got something planned 'really' soon, and I need to get it ready for that.) 

The Outlander Siblings ﴾TLG﴿जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें