One

'Third Year'

Green flames burst into life in the fireplace of the Leaky Cauldron, Anthea emerging from them a few moments later and stepping into the bustling inn, brushing a few flecks of dust off her jumper

Green flames burst into life in the fireplace of the Leaky Cauldron, Anthea emerging from them a few moments later and stepping into the bustling inn, brushing a few flecks of dust off her jumper. She had her leather satchel over one shoulder, clutching it tight to her side as she pressed through the crowd of witches and wizards.

The brick wall was resolute at the back of the inn, standing sentry to the wizarding streets behind. Almost by second nature, Anthea produced her wand and tapped several of the faded bricks, unable to keep the small smile off her face as they moulded into the famous archway, even after multiple trips through the years.

Shop fronts of crimson, jade, navy and more stretched down the street as far as the eye could see, leaning slightly over the cobbles below, which were brimming with eagerly chatting witches and wizards.

Hitching her satchel up her shoulder, she stepped into Diagon Alley.

Several make-shift stalls had been positioned at various intervals along the teeming thoroughfare, selling potion ingredients, newspapers, sweets and everything in between.

Then, the bright pastel pink and blue stripes of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour loomed into view, chairs and tables shaded from the glaring sun by parasols, the canvas gently billowing in the calm breeze.

"Anthea!"

Her head shot up, a wide grin curling onto her lips when she caught sight of her best friend, who had leapt to her feet with a large smirk.

"Tamsin!"

Squealing excitedly, the two girls raced at each other, carefully weaving between the other tables outside of the parlour before colliding into each other, both tackling the other into a tight hug.

"How was your summer?" Tamsin asked as she led Anthea to the shade of her table.

"Same old," she replied, both dropping into chairs opposite each other. "Avoiding my family. You?"

"Effie has her sights set on making the Frog Choir this year with Hopper. I mean, she's a great singer and all, but she's been driving me up the bloody wall with all that toad's croaking."

Anthea laughed, smiling at Florean Fortescue as he came to take their order. "If it isn't two of my best customers!" he boomed jovially. "What can I get you, girls, the usual? A salted caramel crunch sundae for you, Miss Applebee? And a mint choc chip sundae with extra chocolate drizzle for you, Miss Lestrange?"

Sharing a grin, they nodded.

"I'll be right back with that," he said, smiling at them as he retreated to his shop. Mere moments later, two large glasses filled to the brim with ice cream were set on their table, chocolate sauce slowly dripping down the side of Anthea's.