Chapter 8

Later that night, Everett and I got ready for the Maine Street Electrical parade! I was kind of scared, but mostly happy. At least I was on a float, instead of walking. (Peter and Wendy walk in literally every other parade). I had to put on a, almost neon, blue dress and more makeup since I was up high on a float and it would be harder to see me. Everett wore a neon green version of his costume and a brighter red wig. The float we were on was the Jolly Roger. And we also had Captain Hook on the float. Tinkerbell, Smee, and some lost boy dancers are walking in front of us.
We were backstage where all the floats were stored. "You ready?" Charlie asked me. She was on the princess float as Ariel. "I guess" I shrugged. We were standing in front of my float. "You'll do great" Charlie said sympathetically. "You too" I said. I gave her a quick hug before she had to get on her float. "M'lady" Everett said in a fancy voice. He bowed and held out his hand to help me onto the float. "Why thank you good sir" I said curtsying and taking his hand. He pulled me up onto the float. Captain Hook was already on. "You ready?" Peter asked as the speakers blared the parade announcement. "Ready" I nodded as the gates opened and the first float started to move.

When my float finally reached the gates, our float's music started to blare. There were SO MANY PEOPLE. Me and Everett danced around and waved to kids and adults, lip syncing some lines here and there. It was actually really fun! I quickly glanced behind me. I could see Charlie waving and smiling like the true Disney Princess she was. This was amazing! I still didn't really like Disney in general. But working there wasn't so bad. As we danced about, I saw Sophia and August coming up ahead. I suddenly got that weird feeling of August whispering to me. But, I shoved that feeling down and ran over to their side and waved. Everett joined me. Then, I quickly waved to Sophia and drew a heart in the air. She looked like she was going to cry. That made me feel something amazing.

At the end of the parade, Everett helped me off the float. "You were great!" Everett gushed. "Thanks" I giggled. I turned around to see Charlie running towards me. "Eeeeeee!" she squealed as she threw herself into my arms. "You were amazing!" she squealed. "You were too!" I added. "You are a true Disney Princess" I told her. "No, you are" she said back. Everett cleared his throat awkwardly. "Oh, right, Charlie, this is Everett, my Peter Pan" I said. "Everett, this is Charlie, my best friend and Ariel" I added. "Hi" they both said as they shook hands. "See you at home?" Charlie said after a awkward moment of silence. "Yeah" I said. She turned to walk away. "We share an apartment" I explained. Everett nodded. "Alright, well, see you tomorrow" I said, turning to go. "Oh, I'm not going to be here tomorrow" Everett interrupted me. I turned around to face him. "I'm going to my brother's wedding" he said. "Oh, ok" I said. "Have fun!" I said happily. "Yeah" he nodded awkwardly. "Well, see ya" I said turning. I walked back to my dressing room.

I opened my door. I was startled to see Penny sitting in there. Her blonde hair was all curled. "Oh! Hi Penny" said as I closed the door. "Hi" she said kindly. "Why are you here?" I asked as I started to take off the wig. "Stand in's have to be here incase anything happens" Penny explained. "I just thought I stay until you came to say hi" she added. "Oh, well, hi" I said awkwardly. "I'll just go" she said. "Ok, bye!" I waved as she walked out the door. "Bye" she said as she closed the door. She was nice.
____________________________________
Hello everyone! I have a question for you all! I am torn between two story lines with Penny. On the one hand I was thinking she could just be a good friend for Lily. On the other hand I was thinking of going down a darker path for her. The darker path is what I was originally going to do with her. But now I feel like I'm writing her so nice and kind it just feels right. Let me know what I should do. Bye!