"Thanks Mi"
Yena said, smiling at the girl as she broke the hug, returning her a smile.

Though Yena smiled at the sight ahead, her eyes trailed over the place searching for him.

"Should we?"
Renjun asked and Mark gave a nod.

"Your surprise is upstairs"
Miri winked at the girl and she formed an 'o' with her lips, deciphering she meant about Chenle.

"He's up, waiting for you.."
"Thanks Jisung"
Yena gave him a smile, walking upstairs only to see it empty.

"Chenle..?"
Yena opened his room door, walking in searching for him and suddenly she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist, puller her closer to them- the strong fragrance of the musky scent with a note of violet accord infiltrating her senses and she instantly knew who it was, her lips subconsciously pulling up into a smile.

"Happy birthday my love"
He whispered out, pressing his lips on her cheek through the back hug and she giggled at the contact, turning around in his arms.

"Thank you love"
Yena replied, looking up at him, both their eyes staring into each other's not wanting to leave their gaze.

"I've something for you"
Chenle said, breaking the hug before he grabbed the box on the bed, walking back to standing in front of her.

"Do you remember when we met eight years ago? For the first time?"
Yena genuinely shook her head, looking down as she tried to recollect her memories but it was vain.

Chenle held her hand, placing the box on eyeing her to open it and she did as asked to.

Yena curiously opened the box, revealing an old black and white bracelet and she furrowed her brows confused.

"Wait, I have seen— this is mine!"
"I remember giving it—shit! That was you?!"
Yena gasped in realization and he chuckled at her reaction, giving her a nod, her eyes widening in surprise, slapping her hands on her mouth utterly in shock.

"Yena don't go too far, okay??"
"Yes dad!"
The eleven year old girl waved at Jonghyuk one last time before running towards the park to spend some time alone, still pondering over her mother's death.

Yena sat down on the swing, lightly moving back and forth, looking down deeply lost in her own thoughts.
Every time she looked up all she could see was parents and their kids smiling and laughing while playing together and it pained her that she could not have that affection anymore.

"Mommy I miss you"
Yena mumbled to herself looking up at the sky as tears pricked her eyes but immediately wiped it off with the back of hand remembering her father's words-
'If you cry, mommy will be sad so you should never cry, okay?'

"Don't cry Yena, mommy will be sad"
She exhaled out ceasing her cries before getting up from the swing and walking towards the building but her eyes caught sight of the boy sitting alone on one of the benches, staring at the ground just like how she was a few seconds ago.

Yena approached the boy, sitting down beside him earning his attention.

"Why are you sad?"
Yena asked and the elder wordlessly looked at her before going back to staring at the ground.

"Go away"
Yena's shoulders fell at his words but she was determined to know why he was in such a state.

"I am sad too. My mommy died and dad is not well.."
The boy glanced at the girl, confused by her words.

"Why are you sad? Tell me"
"I fought with my parents"
"Parents..?"
Yena mumbled under her breath- the word feeling foreign to her and agony washed over her, envying the boy who was showered with his parents love and affection, unlike her.

"Why fight?"
"They took my phone! I was playing a game!"
He complained, huffing out air in anger and she nodded in response.

"Here, take this"
"Mommy told me if you're angry, counting the number of beads on this bracelet will make you happy"
Yena pulled the bracelet off her wrist handing it to him and being just a thirteen year old, he did not refuse but quietly accepted it from the girl.

"Why are you here?"
He asked, pointing at the hospital building behind the two.

"Here? This is my home"
Yena said, with a smile and he raised a brow, confused.
"Home?"
Yena nodded and he decided to shrug it off though he found it weird as to why the hospital was her home.

"You?"
"My parents came to visit their friend"
Yena gave a nod watching the boy as his lips pouted in disappointment that he could not play his favorite game.

Yena giggled upon seeing him and he furrowed his brows, looking at the girl.
"Why are you laughing at me??"
"You're cute like my peachy-pie"
"Peachy-pie?"
"My favorite doll!"
Yena clapped her hands in the air, widely smiling and he rolled his eyes at her, not in the mood to smile since he was still musing over his game.

"Yena!"
Johnny yelled out earning both their attention.

"I should go, bye peachy-pie!"
Yea waved at the boy before hurriedly running towards the elder.

"Hey! Your bracelet!"
He yelled out but the two were already out of his sight and he sighed out, sitting on the bench looking at the bracelet clutched in his hands, smiling at it as he remembered the girl's words.

"Chenle you're here? I was searching for you dear"
Yimin said, motioning the boy to walk alongside her to their car.

"What is that?"
Kai asked pointing at the bracelet in his hand and he shook his head, placing it inside his pocket before getting in the car.

"Oh my god..."
"My peachy-pie!"
Yena let out, tip toeing as she threw her hands over Chenle's neck, pulling him into a hug and he laughed at her actions, hugging her back closer to him, contently smiling while holding the girl he loved in his arms.

""My peachy-pie!"Yena let out, tip toeing as she threw her hands over Chenle's neck, pulling him into a hug and he laughed at her actions, hugging her back closer to him, contently smiling while holding the girl he loved in his arms

Yenle are cute🥺♥️