chapter five: corrupt

Start from the beginning

"you voted for me?" you weren't really surprised by that. izuku would always support you and find ways to compliment you.

-

you decided not to go to lunch with the others and instead wander around the school to familiarize yourself with the building.

izuku, iida, and uraraka notices you walking the opposite way of where the cafeteria is. izuku asks you where you are going and you tell him that you aren't hungry.

"it's important for us students to have a well balanced meal. us aspiring heroes should always focus on our health to be in top shape. that is why i think it would be best if you joined us at lunch, (l/n)," iida explains in a stern voice, almost sounding like he was scolding you.

"i'll be fine, you guys should get to lunch before the line gets long," you suggest, hoping that this will end the conversation. it's not like you can eat in the cafeteria anyway. especially with so many people there.

izuku bids you goodbye as well as the other two. iida seems like he wants to say more but is already being pulled away by midoriya.

as you roam around the school you think about your classmates. most of them are very eccentric and loud. very loud. they kind of overwhelm you with how extroverted they are.

some of them are just as quiet as you though. like that bird head boy, the half and half boy, and multi arms. you probably should remember their names.

you stop walking and jolt up at the sound of an alarm going off.

"warning, level three security breach, all students please evacuate in an orderly fashion."

you are slightly disappointed in how unsecure the school is. you came to this school to be protected from possible villains pursuing you and others. finding out that the security is breached after attending for only two days worries you. wanting to continue your exploration, you pause time to carry on with your own little tour.

the man you saw earlier suddenly crosses your mind. could he be the cause of the security breach? he does look like a villain. part of you reprimands yourself for judging someone by their appearance. he could simply be a civilian passing by and just so happened to come across the commotion with the news reporters.

but what if he is the cause? you have the sudden urge to find him. if he is in the building, that is. with a goal in mind now, you start your search.

turning a corner you bump into something solid in your haste to find the mysterious guy. upon looking up, you see the exact man. startled, you unpause time. the blue haired man stumbles a few steps back, surprised.

once he regains footing, his eyes land on you. a wide smile spreads across his face causing you to freeze in place. you've never seen a villain in real life before. your father and his other hero friends sheltered you up until now.

"it's nice to see you again..been awhile since i've last seen you," the man says, taking in your appearance with his beady eyes.

you feel as if your throat has closed in on itself.

"you have such an amazing quirk. i've always wanted to tell you that in person." the man continues, his haunting smile never faltering.

"such."

he takes a step closer to you.

"an."

and another.

"amazing."

and another.

"quirk."

his breath is brushing your right ear. breaking out of your stupor, you pause time again. taking a few shaky steps back, you blink to a different location in the building.

he's the one. he must be the one who sent you those letters. you aren't safe here.

not wanting to deal with the horde of students that will fill the halls you blink to your homeroom class and unpause time. waiting for the chaos in the halls to die down seems like the best option at the moment. it also gives you time to calm your racing heart.

-

the class door slides open, bringing your attention to it. your other classmates enter, filling the room with chatter. through the chatter you managed to pick up that the news reporters were the reason to the alarm sounding off. you already know that. what you don't know is why was that strange man roaming the halls of u.a.

did he use his quirk to destroy the security wall? if he did then his quirk is pretty strong. the u.a. barrier is thick and tall. it would take a lot of energy out of me to age it until it turned to dust.

did he come for you? no..that would be a stupid idea, especially when you are somewhere public. if he was going to kidnap you he most likely wouldn't do it in broad daylight too. if you aren't the reason he's in u.a. then what was?

"(y/n)? are you okay?" izuku's concerned voice takes you back from your thoughts. you didn't even notice that he was standing near your desk.

"i'm.." your attention goes back to the class room entrance. aizawa's tall stature enters the classroom last with an exhausted expression. you felt like jumping out of your seat and rushing to him. you didn't though. instead you got up from your seat after excusing yourself from izuku and walk up to aizawa with your legs slightly trembling.

"mr. aizawa, i need to speak with you privately," your voice comes out surprisingly steady. aizawa stops in his tracks and lets out a sigh, not even turning his attention to you when he replies, "whatever you want to talk about can wait."

"this is an important matter," you try hard not to let your irritation show but aizawa picks up on your unusual behavior. he tells you to step out of the classroom with him and you do.

now that you've got his attention you can't seem to find your voice.

"well? what is it?" aizawa prompts you to speak.

you hesitate for a moment before speaking in a soft voice, "please don't be mad at me.."

"what are you going on about?"

"i was roaming around the school during lunch when the alarm went off. i know i'm not supposed to use my quirk without permission but i used it anyways. i stopped time and continued wandering around. there was this man i bumped into who i also saw in the morning behind the crowd of news reporters..he looked strange. he didn't have a u.a. uniform and didn't look like any of the staff members from u.a. when i bumped into him, i accidentally unpaused time and he noticed me. he knows me. he went on about how it's been awhile since he's seen me and how amazing my quirk is..i paused time again and returned to homeroom to calm down," you take a much needed breath after not pausing once.

aizawa looks past you with unreadable eyes. as the seconds go by you start to get nervous.

"i'm sorry for not informing a teacher right away. he could still be in the building and it's my fault."

"no, this isn't your fault. you don't need to apologize for anything. you did what you thought was right. do you remember what this man looked like in specific?"

"he is of average built, has light blue hair that reaches about his shoulders, crimson eyes, sickly pale skin with little scabs littered on it, and he wore all black clothes," you recall. thinking back to your encounter with him that wasn't even an hour ago still gives you chills.

"thank you for telling me this. i should let principal nezu know of this right away, you can return to class now. i'll handle everything from here," aizawa gives you a slight nod before departing.

your legs stop trembling and your chest feels somewhat light now. you really thought the whole conversation would go downhill. the alternative being you getting suspended for making stupid decisions.

now that you think about it, aizawa didn't mention you getting punished for using your quirk..so he must have dismissed it. right?